Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: SUPPORT FOR VERSION 1.9.x IN HERE ONLY (Really) - this is the 2.0 beta test run  (Read 59271 times)

vuud

• Coppermine addict
  • [cpmfetch.fistfullofcode.com]
    • Fist Full Of Code

The additional time for cpmfetch is less than I thought. On some page loads it was only 0.7 seconds more, about the same time as my gallery needs to parse. So this might be normal - bigger gallery -> longer page generation time. Anyways ...

I only use these two functions:
$objCpm->cpm_viewRandomMedia(1,2, array('alttag' => '%a, %f')),
$objCpm->cpm_showAlbumsUpdatedOverLastDays(10, array('alttag' => '%a %w', 'subtitle' => '%a, %f', 'imagelink' => 'album')),

I am using phpbb and the code is spread over several files. I have zipped all files and attached the zip to this post. The main file is portal.php. I have also added my modified cpmfetch files. I doubt that these are causing longer page loads, because the original files have the same impact.

Your code does not look like it can really be optimized anymore.  Sometimes people make multiple connections, but you seem good here.

The biggest speedup would be the aforementioned useexistingconnection change.  That will eliminate a second SQL connection (which is generally the longest part of a SQL transaction for stuff of this magnitude).

Vuud
Please post for help to the forum... PM me only if you are sending security related items (passwords, security problems, etc).

cpmFetch - Images, RSS feeds from CPG from outside CPG
New release notification signup also. 
See http://cpmfetch.fistfullofco

jerx

• Coppermine regular visitor

I upgraded to version 1.9.8 (from 1.9.7) and enabled the setting in the config file. My site did not give me any errors, but it did not seem to speed up page generation either. I took out the close statement in my portal file, too, but I could not see any difference.

vuud

• Coppermine addict
    • Fist Full Of Code

I upgraded to version 1.9.8 (from 1.9.7) and enabled the setting in the config file. My site did not give me any errors, but it did not seem to speed up page generation either. I took out the close statement in my portal file, too, but I could not see any difference.

Depending on your particular environment, it can make a big difference.  But if you are on a good host with really good, or local, database servers (like on the same machine), the connection overhead can be really low.

I've seen everything from instantly to 10 seconds plus on some things...

Its' probably the portal overhead that is there...  CpmFetch is really really fast.   To isolate the problem, you can put a test.php page in with that code and see how long it takes to just do that (without all the portal crap).  You could even wrap some timing code around it...  Hey, that would be a neat thing to have in cpmfetch (a timer).

Let me know if you can try that and let me know...

Be neat to also see times for each of the two calls you are doing.  I don't have a database with that many entries, so me testing it would be pointless.

Just know I am willing to help speed up the code if we can find a problem, or way to improve it.

Vuud
Please post for help to the forum... PM me only if you are sending security related items (passwords, security problems, etc).

DZGB

• Coppermine newbie

What version exactly of cpmfetch, and did you get the install.php to run?  If the install does not run, then nothing else will work.

Verion "copperminefetch-1.9.8-dev".. No, as I mentioned when I try to run install by entering the url... containing install.php at the end, I get main index site opened... and no install..
What can be wrong? Thank You.

vuud

• Coppermine addict
    • Fist Full Of Code

Verion "copperminefetch-1.9.8-dev".. No, as I mentioned when I try to run install by entering the url... containing install.php at the end, I get main index site opened... and no install..
What can be wrong? Thank You.

Please PM me the exact URL to:

1) Your gallery
 2) Your path to the install.php

It's gotta be something silly

vuud

• Coppermine addict
    • Fist Full Of Code

Please post problems with the development version 1.9.0 in here only.  When a new version is released, this thread will be locked.  When the stable 2.0 comes out - the dev support threads will be deleted.

Thank you for your support

Dev version: 1.9.0 will be available at http://cpmfetch.fistfullofcode.com in the downloads section.

Thanks!

Vuud

Most problems get their own thread, so I am unstickying this topic

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.