Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Category thumbnails on all categories!  (Read 7630 times)

PKIDelirium

• Coppermine newbie
Category thumbnails on all categories!
« on: August 26, 2006, 02:18:44 am »

OK, so I have an interesting setup. I don't like displaying a list of categories on the main page without a thumbnail, because I think it looks bland. I have it setup like this for optimal organization, this is how my main page looks:

Parent Category 1
-Subcats with thumbs

Parent Category 2
-Subcats with thumbs

Parent Category 3
-Subcats with thumbs

Now... I would like to take off the subcats from the main page and only display the parent categories with category thumbnails.

Problem is, because the parent cats only contain other categories and no albums, it won't let me set thumbnails for them!

Is it possible for future versions to have the ability to set a category thumbnail on categories that only contain sub-categories? It would be REALLY helpful for organization.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Category thumbnails on all categories!
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2006, 07:12:44 am »

Has been requested before. Is on the todo list (which is very long though).

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2006, 12:52:46 pm »

As a note to the devs for implementing such a request, here's one way to allow category thumbnails for such parent categories (that don't have photos of their own): http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=33310.0

Remember that this is not a support board so if anyone has questions about the linked thread, post on a support board.

PKIDelirium

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2006, 07:42:59 pm »

Thanks! I'll look into that mod.

AndrewC

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2010, 10:43:55 am »

I'm just trying to find out if the ability to have category thumbnails on all categories is still on a "to do" list . Searching the forums all the answers are for pre 1.5.x or just say you can not do it.

Andrew

Jeff Bailey

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Fishing relaxes me.
    • Bailey Family Co.
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2010, 05:24:15 pm »

Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it. - Henry Ford

AndrewC

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2010, 07:05:58 pm »

http://documentation.coppermine-gallery.net/en/known_issues.htm
Probably not if its in known issues.

So I guess that there are known issues which are deemed to be of minimal interest to developers and will hang out there for aeons, and then those that are planned to be fixed in the near future. Just interested which category this falls into.

Related to this - is it easy for a board admin to set the search function to include "documentation" and release notes ?

Andrew

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2010, 08:14:01 am »

So I guess that there are known issues which are deemed to be of minimal interest to developers and will hang out there for aeons, and then those that are planned to be fixed in the near future. Just interested which category this falls into.
You're drawing the wrong conclusions here. You're welcome to come up with code contributions that will fix this if it bothers you so much.

Related to this - is it easy for a board admin to set the search function to include "documentation" and release notes ?
No, it's not easy. In fact it's hard and something that I won't be looking into in the near future. The only thing I plan to implement is a search bar that will search the content of coppermine-gallery.net on google, but this can be accomplished pretty easily by adding site:coppermine-gallery.net into google's search field.

However, this is utterly unrelated to the issues discussed in this thread. We're not very tolerant as far as thread drift is concerned, so please don't do that in the future. You have posted in another old thread as well, where I have answered the similar thing Jeff has answered here, as I was not aware that you cross-posted, so you have wasted supporter's efforts. Stop that!

AndrewC

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2010, 08:57:05 am »

as I was not aware that you cross-posted, so you have wasted supporter's efforts. Stop that!

Indeed I did, and when I realised that I had done that I tried to go back and edit / delete that thread but, as it was not obvious how to do so, I had to leave it. I could have posted another reply saying "please ignore previous post, cross-posted" but I was fearful of further invoking the wrath of the gods  :'(

Andrew
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.