Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Convert File Formats  (Read 2377 times)

tdukart

• Coppermine newbie
Convert File Formats
« on: August 24, 2006, 10:58:19 pm »

Before I begin: I have searched the board for this. I found the post http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=11494.0.

Anyway, I would like to figure out how to make Coppermine 1.4.8 convert uploaded pictures to JPEGs. A hack or plugin is fine.

The website I'm starting for the TV station where I work is going to attract a lot of people who aren't too computer-savvy, so I'd rather not have to step them through converting their files first.

It's not a huge problem if it's not possible. I'm using ImageMagick.

Thanks in advance for your help.

-Todd

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Convert File Formats
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2006, 11:05:46 pm »

From the thread you refered to:
Coppermine does no image type conversion during the upload process.  If you want your images as jpg, you'll have to convert them prior to uploading.

As a dev, this isn't something I consider necessary by the majority of Coppermine users, so I don't think you'll ever see this in the main code.  However, you may find someone to assist you with the code required.
No hack available. Not being considered. 99% of all pics exist as JPEGs anyway, as all digital cameras store pics that way.

tdukart

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Convert File Formats
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2006, 11:29:38 pm »

I understand that. However, when we receive photos from users now (via e-mail), we get them in all sorts of odd formats: JPEG, BMP, sometimes TIFF and GIF. I would imagine they're using some sort of photo software that came with their digital camera to convert from JPEG to another format, sometimes to put cutesy little frames and things on it.

It doesn't need to be an official hack or anything: even an unofficial one would work. That's the main feature I liked about Gallery2: it would convert the files.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 19 queries.