Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can users create albums in any category  (Read 3348 times)

achilleus

• Coppermine newbie
Can users create albums in any category
« on: February 01, 2004, 02:50:15 pm »

hi.
i don't want to create a new thread. ok to the question:

Is there any possibility that registered users can create albums in any category und upload their pictures there (all users).
Besides the "Permissions for this album" should automaticly set the "Album can be viewed by" to "Members of the registered - group" ?

I don't want anymore, that everybody has admin-rights.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2004, 03:04:07 pm »

I moved your posting to a separate thread, as it deals with something different (separate threads for separate questions!).

Users can only create albums within their user_gallery. They can not create albums in any other category. There's no workaround available at the moment. You shouldn't make them admins though. I understand that you want this feature, but it's simply not there!

This has been asked quite often - next time, please search the board first. Thanks!

GauGau

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2004, 03:28:52 pm »

Hi,
you, as admin, can move albums created by users to other categories, if you have access to the database.  See here; http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=3420.

You can also change the default setting for the album view in the database.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 18 queries.