Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Self-populating listing categories and search categories module desired  (Read 3892 times)

htenbyslide

• Coppermine newbie

I am having a php programmer build an airline photo and video gallery site at www.airlinefan.com from scratch. My existing programmer has become bogged down in the project, and someone suggested we try to use CPG and custom design a self-populating listing categories system, whereby uploaders can suggest new categories, and the approvers can approve the new categories, and all of the website categories become the active search categories. If you look at my existing www.airlinefan.com website you will see that the search categories are by aircraft, airline, airport, photographer, category, date and keyword. From what I have seen on the CPG website demo page there is no similar capability designed yet for this program. Can anyone tell me if this capability has been created, and what it would cost to implement in the latest version of the CPG software. I envision my www.AirlineFan.com website being a combination of the www.airliners.net (which is the world's most successful airline photo gallery website) and www.flightlevel350.com (which is the one and only airline video gallery website). I want to offer both video and photo gallery capability, with the video and photo sections of the website being segregated into seperate upload, approval, viewing and seach streams. If anyone can offer any insight into how to best develop this website, I would greatly look forward to hearing from you. My existing programmer would be more than happy to work with a CPG expert in integrating the self-populating listing categories and search categories that he has already designed in PHP into the CPG software. Thank you all for your time. Cheers, Henry
« Last Edit: July 12, 2007, 08:33:01 pm by GauGau »

eruss

• Supporter
  • Coppermine frequent poster
Re: Self-populating listing categories and search categories module desired
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2006, 04:40:18 am »

Henry,

Check your website with Firefox.  Doesn't work for me.

In regard to your search question...

Search with Coppermine is on any keyword, rather than matching specific words in a specific database field.  However, the functionality you seek is partially available if you click the Search button/link and then check the appropriate custom fields you want to search.  These custom fields are created by you in the backend and the uploader has the option to fill in the fields when they upload.  The default installation does not offer a way to force a selection from a drop down (airport code?), or even a specific date format (09/12/2006 or 2006/09/12?).  These are potential mods if they don't already exist.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.