Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upgrade via fantastico but now cannot login  (Read 4138 times)

djrpowell

• Coppermine newbie
Upgrade via fantastico but now cannot login
« on: August 21, 2006, 12:18:15 pm »

HI,

i used the auto install on fantastico

http://www.animatedscience.co.uk/coppermine/

The upgrade is great but i now cannot log in with my old user id.

I have tried everything, any ideas?

I has also now banned my IP address from accessing the site at all!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Upgrade via fantastico but now cannot login
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2006, 04:53:04 pm »

Fantastico sucks. We don't support it. Upgrade as suggested in our docs. If you upgraded from cpg1.3.x, you'll have to apply the needed custom theme changes as suggested in the documentation that comes with coppermine.

djrpowell

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2006, 05:32:55 pm »

Yes but it works fine in all regards but i cannot log in!

psych

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2006, 12:15:25 am »

Well, since Mr. Personality hasn't responded back, I'll let you know how I got it to work (though the toggle between user/admin modes is down and I use two directories for logging in to get around it).

First of all, like you, I used Fantastico because my hosting company recommended it and it is in fact how I learned that I even needed an upgrade. At any rate, here's how it worked for me:

I came here looking for answers and saw that Fantastico sometimes fails in upgrades, so I upgraded manually.  Remember that you can get the docs you need from the menu above, so you don't have to be logged in as an admin to get what you need. 

After I upgraded manually, the report suggested that I check individual files.  I clicked on it and it told me I'm not authorized.  At this point, I logged in and voila! I was in. 

However, as soon as I logged out and tried to go in through the galleries section, it again would welcome me and then leave me not logged in. 

It occurred to me that, if it recognized me as an admin and let me into a directory that only an admin could get to, that perhaps something was screwed up in user permissions.  I went back in to the directory to check files, logged in, and checked the administrator group's permissions under "groups" and somehow the public and personal gallery permissions had been switched to "off" during the upgrade.  By re-enabling them, I can now manage my files and such as a user. 

However, the admin/user toggle somehow went bad as well and I cannot enter as an admin this way.  To get around this, I bookmarked the page wherein you check the files after uploading, and gain administrator access this way (it seems to recognize me as an admin if I enter through a page that only an admin can access).

As near as I can tell, none of the regular users of the gallery have been affected (they have been uploading without difficulty and the group settings did not change during upgrade).

I realize this is not a full fix in terms of convenience, but it does give you total functionality over admin fuctions and the like, and it allows you to operate as a user as well.  Hope this is at least somewhat useful.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.