Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: hypertext links in description field  (Read 5493 times)

achintya

• Coppermine newbie
hypertext links in description field
« on: January 31, 2004, 06:51:47 pm »

Hi

I am trying to put a plain aref hyperlink into a picture display table so that users can jump from there to another part of the site.

The box doesn't seem to want to contain a straightforward html link syntax and just displays the syntax rather than a hyperlinked word

I want somethink like this:

"<a href="artgalleryinto.htm">yes</a>"

yes

Any ideas how to get it to do this?

achintya

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2004, 01:39:02 pm »

you can use some bbcode (same as here on the board) - take a look at the documentation that comes with coppermine...

GauGau

achintya

• Coppermine newbie
still a problem with bbcodes
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2004, 05:42:26 pm »

Hi

I have tried to use bbcodes but they actually display the bbcode literally, not as interpeted code:

What do you think I am doing wrong here?

Is there a character set setting or some other variable I need to look at in my config settings?

Any help would be appreciated.

achintya

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2004, 09:36:12 pm »

achintya

• Coppermine newbie
more confused!
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2004, 12:01:37 am »

Hello

I read and followed a number of the links but they are talking about images and displaying various sizes etc.

All I want to do is have a clickable link in the item descriptions.

If you go to:

http://www.devoncollectables.co.uk/coppermine/displayimage.php?&pos=-203

YOu will see where I am experimenting.  Even the bold codes don't work!

The codes work here in this forum, but not on the website?

HOw would I insert an aref with a text link which works?  The bbcode just doesn't seem to function in those descriptor panels.

You will see I have succeeded in making a small mod in the panel below, which allows a link to a wish list and a contact page, and they are straight html aref's.  They don't work inside the actual description panel for some reason, neither does the bb code.

Any ideas?

thanks!

achintya

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2004, 12:37:45 am »

:evil: your initial posting on the other thread was wrong, that's why the mod didn't work for you: it's not the album or pic description you want to enable bbcode in, it's the "Custom fields". If you had asked properly in the first place (or would have bothered to read the faq before posting), you would have found http://coppermine.sourceforge.net/faq.php?q=linksInCustomFields#linksInCustomFields

I merged your new thread with the existing thread you already had started. Next time you post, use some common sense: separate questions go into separate threads, but questions on the same issue go into the very same thread. Double-posting is something that you can drive supporters mad with, nothing else. It only becomes less likely that someone will help...

GauGau

achintya

• Coppermine newbie
er... thanks
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2004, 01:13:20 am »

I do appreciate your help.

BUT please do not assume I am stupid.

I am trying my best to understand a pretty complex programme and am not as clever as you are.  I have a learning difficulty and have suffered all my life from being told I am stupid.

I am using computers to build my confidence after a very poor year in hospital last year.

I think, when you are telling someone to 'use common sense' or 'bother to read FAQ' you may want to consider that perhaps they don't have the natural intelligence you have, or maybe are genetically impaired, as I am.

I enjoy using this software, but please try to be patient when someone is still learning how to use these forums.

I thank you for your help.

achintya

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2004, 09:22:12 am »

OK, I understand what you're saying and I'm sorry if I was too rude, but with all respect, how am I to know?
99% of all users who double-post or "misbehave" in one way or the other just are too lazy to read before posting.
There are board rules, sticky threads, the faq and stuff for people who are not that much into coppermine, or programming or whatever for this exact reason: we know there are newbies out there, and we're ready to help. All we ask them to do is respect our time and contribution to this project by doing some research on their own before asking and then asking in the proper way.
Recommended reading http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=2746
After all you got the answer to your question, didn't you?

GauGau

achintya

• Coppermine newbie
thanks
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2004, 09:30:38 am »

thanks for the apology, which I accept.

I expect you are too busy in all the development and other work to be able to 'find out' exactly the status of a contributor and exchange a few emails before knowing whether it is laziness or a 'real' reason for not knowing?

Perhaps a good rule of thumb would be to give latitude to 'newbies' and just be a bit more patient with them while they learn the ropes.  

My status is clearly 'newbie' because the forum declares this and so I would expect some patience until I had learnt the ropes a little.

Yes, the answer worked and I am grateful.  I look forward to more communication later as I begin to understand this excellent software.

regards

achintya
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 19 queries.