Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: exec cmd in any of the code?  (Read 2120 times)

tibu

• Contributor
  • Coppermine regular visitor
    • Creative Foto Solutions
exec cmd in any of the code?
« on: August 18, 2006, 08:20:55 pm »

Maybe this isn't enough info, but my host (godaddy.com) is doing an upgrade that may cause any code with "exec cmd" to not function properly. Does anyone know if that effects coppermine code?

Here is the quote from their pages...

"Before upgrading to Hosting Configuration 2.0, it is important to realize that your site may experience technical problems after the upgrade. For security reasons, the new hosting configuration disables "exec cmd" for the execution of programs from server-side include-enabled pages. Any code using this method will not function correctly after the upgrade."
« Last Edit: August 19, 2006, 05:08:58 am by GauGau »

Nibbler

Re: exec cmd in any of the code?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2006, 08:52:59 pm »

Imagemagick is called via exec(). If you use IM then you'll need to switch to GD2 or use passthru.

tibu

• Contributor
  • Coppermine regular visitor
    • Creative Foto Solutions
Re: exec cmd in any of the code?
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2006, 09:13:38 pm »

Thanks Nibbler!

For anyone reading this I think Imagemagik is not usually found on a hosted server. See the docs under setup for info on ImageMagik and GD2 (which I have). Check your php info file for the GD version you have.

If you have already installed Coppermine, you will find a phpinfo file (phpinfo.php) within the coppermine folder. Log in to your Coppermine setup as the admin and simply point (type in the URL) your browser to http://yourdomain.tld/your_coppermine_folder/phpinfo.php

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.