Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Something Wrong in Photo Shop Plugin  (Read 4710 times)

Joopbraakhekke

• Coppermine newbie
Something Wrong in Photo Shop Plugin
« on: August 17, 2006, 10:18:07 pm »

Hello all,

I am running a coppermine gallery ( with thousands of visitors each month and now almost 3500 registered users) for years now: http://xs2www.xs4all.nl/wallpapers  So I now what I am talking about ;) and use it with with no problems at all...

Last week I decided to use coppermine for a family picture-album... So I did a clean install of the latest version (1.4.8) and was really amazed by the new plugin support! Looked around for some useful plugins and installed two plugins. Mass-Import and the photo-shop plugin. I mailed all my family members with there login accounts but there was a little problem...

Some of them saw the page the way it should be, but a few of them didn't. They just saw a white page... No errors or a 404 page-not found, but an entirely white page... So with my uncle I did some tests and finally after removing the photo-shop plugin everybody can see the page...!

There were no pictures in it, no editted themes or core-files, just a clean install with a standard pre-installed theme and the two plugins...

I was bored and glad... Bored because the plugin is so cool, but defenitely not validated... And glad because everybody can see the page now!

Just wanted to let you all know...  ;)

Nibbler

Re: Something Wrong in Photo Shop Plugin
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2006, 10:20:24 pm »

If this is a bug with the plugin then please provide more details to aid in its resolution. Post a link to the plugin you are using.

Joopbraakhekke

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2006, 10:29:56 pm »

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=32231.0

This is the thread where I downloaded the plugin.

version of the plugin: photo_shop_jul_01_2006.zip ( in the signature of user: Stramm )

Problem is that after people where complaining I turned on the debug mode but did not noticed weird things...

I am really sure that the problem is in the plugin... I installed coppermine 1.4.8 again (another directory, another SQL table) and the people who did see a white page saw the page correct the second time before installing the plugin... Installed just the plugin again and there showed up the white page again.

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2006, 08:33:43 am »

Without beeing able to see an actual error it's hard to tell you anything useful except that you're the first who reported such a behaviour. If your php is set to be entirely quiet it's even harder to help you.
You say, that only some users have a problem. What do they / their computers have in common (browser, OS, logged in or guest etc.).
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.