Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A problem, i want just people from a groop to upload images but for all to see..  (Read 10692 times)

krl

• Coppermine newbie

Hi,

I have a problem,, ( i use the newest coppermine avaiable in the downloads)

The problem is that i want just one groop + admins to be able to upload files on the public gallery or the ones a admin can make.. ( and whitout getting admin rights)
But still i want guest and registerds to see the files.

How can i set a specific groop to be able to upload files,,?

when i go to on groops and press the: assigned album(s) button i get this: This group has no special access,,,
i tryed to go on the album propertis and set this option: Visitors can upload files *  on yes and set that it need admin aproval for upload but still it not works, then only all get able to uploade..

And one more thing.. the gallery dos not send activation email's, what can be the problem with that?

Can somone plz. look into this..?

Sry. for my bad english, i'm Norwegian ^^

« Last Edit: August 18, 2006, 06:54:33 am by GauGau »

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt

krl

• Coppermine newbie

http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#group_cp

I still cant get it to work,,

people can upload witout getting picture aproval, whats wrong?

krl

• Coppermine newbie

anyone?

krl

• Coppermine newbie

Nibbler

This is a discussion forum, not a chat room. Allow time for people to reply.

You can't set the permissions in Coppermine with such fine detail. Users in groups with upload rights can upload into any album that that they can see and that has visitor uploads enabled.

Finer permissions are planned for a future version of Coppermine.

You agreed to respect the one question per thread rule, please do so.

krl

• Coppermine newbie

tnx, sorry, i'm just so pissed on this ting..

can u anwer the other question, even if i shold had put it in a new post?

Is it possible that everybody can see a album and a groop can upload pictures to it like moderators or was it impossible?

I have set all too bee seen puvblic,, and set a groop that can uploade in public alums,,

but when i try i get this      Error      
Sorry there is no album where you are allowed to upload files
« Last Edit: August 18, 2006, 12:02:17 am by krl »

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt

in the group manager you set for
admin : Public albums upload - allowed: yes | approval - no
the_allowed_group : Public albums upload - allowed: yes | approval - yes
registered - guest:  Public albums upload - no | approval - no

in album properties you set: Visitors can upload files - yes

please respect board rules next time

http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#group_cp

GreyHound

• Coppermine newbie

Hello,

i got a similar problem.

I´d like to have a group that´s allowed to upload pictures into a certain album inside a group.

So if i´d have "User Uploads" i´d like my friends (yes real friends, so the security isn´t such a big thing, i can trust those guys, just wan´t to decrease the force in order to avoid mess-ups, otherwise i could also spread admin rights) to be able to create subforums and upload in these.

We´re a bunch of friends that often hang out together and thatfore have pictures to gather later on.

Would be great if everybody could create galleries in the global upload gallery "User Uploads" or so and then create a gallery "Jacks Pictures 20.10.2005" where he uploads the pictures. An admin would sort all the uploads later.

So basicly i´d like to have a group that has decreased admin rights inside a certain group of gallerys. (creat subgallerys, upload into self created subgallerys)

Does anyone have a hint for me how this problem could be solved the most easy way?

GreyHound

• Coppermine newbie

Just a note to the admins. This thread seems to be closed but i can, as you see, still reply.

edit: Sorry, the "closed" is just a tag to show the issue is closed. Missed that. thanks again.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

Yes, the "closed" tag is just a label. If we wanted to keep users from replying, we'd be locking a thread (represented by a lock icon).

GreyHound

• Coppermine newbie

Yeah i got it ;D

Well, no ideas about my problem so far?

ianc

• Coppermine novice

Greyhound -

Intresting quandry, I would like to know if this is viable to do too.

I have a similar Q open on this board but theres no solution been provided yet. ( http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=35218.0 )

My first guess was that maybe you can create a group for your friends to access - but this would make all members with upload permissions able to upload into your chosen public gallery. Much the same as I'm trying to create tho' through different means.

Essentially, it comes down to being able to password protect image uploads to a specific gallery - a secondary password as it were.

Hopefully someone with some programming expertise might volounteer their help as I don't think that the standard config. can do what we want.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

Use .htaccess authentification then.

ianc

• Coppermine novice

I've checked up what .htaccess is.. (sorry, still learning... According to my search .htaccess is a file which can be used to password protect a directory on a website by placing it in the directory which it is intended to protect, this then protects the directory and subdirectories in which it's placed)

So, could .htaccess be configured to allow the upload of images into a CPG gallery using the SAME gallery password used in the gallery properties setup which already hides the gallery?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: A problem, i want just people from a groop to upload images but for all to s
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2006, 07:58:19 am »

Out-of-the-box: no. If you code the needed changes: yes. Not a trivial hack.

ianc

• Coppermine novice

Thanks GauGau,

Not something I would like to attempt...

What would be the best way to find a more experienced developer to look at this through this board?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: A problem, i want just people from a groop to upload images but for all to s
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2006, 07:03:54 pm »

Post a new thread on the board "Looking for Freelancers / Paid help" after having read the sticky thread there "sub-board rules, read first!".
Supply the needed information and a reference to this thread here.
Please keep in mind that there's no guarantee that a freelancer is willing to look into this, as the mod you're looking for is not easy to accomplish.

nims

• Coppermine newbie

Hi,

Even I have a similar problem. Ideally a photo gallery website shud have user registration and authentication with a place for users to create their album with folders and subfolders. Each user shud be given a unique URL like www.somedomain.com/username that they can pass on to their friends etc. Each user shud be able to upload images to their album only with an option to create simple text pages for writing about themselves and may be a contact form if authorised by admin.

I guess for people who have created such an exhaustive coppermine gallery can easily do it.

With due respect can I know if there is any other such opensource software available that I can use.

regrds Maky

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2006, 09:54:41 am »

Don't try to hijack this thread. Your issue differs, and you already have a thread of your own where you posted your question. Locking this thread now! >:(
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 19 queries.