Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cannot upload new images  (Read 4382 times)

Delfer

• Coppermine newbie
Cannot upload new images
« on: August 06, 2006, 11:56:58 pm »

I've been using Coppermine for ages without any problems whatsoever, upgraded a couple of times - without a problem... than all of a sudden... I can't add files to my Coppermine gallery. If I do a manual upload of a file... it uploads the files and sais: "1 file uploaded successfully" - then when I click continue... i get a "The page cannot be displayed" error on then /album/upload.php url (no additional swicthes on the url). I don't get it...

If I try to upload the image using FTP - and add it through Batch Add files... I browse to the directory where the file is located, make sure the file is "checked", then click the "Add files" button - on the next page (where we usually get the blue OK Icon - I get nothing (a small broken image icon), and absolutely NO file is added.

Don't know if it has anything to do with this - but I just attempted swicthing the language back from danish to english... can't be done (for some reason). Deleted the danish language file to actually be able to change the settings to english.

Quite frankly - I am at a loss. Been reading the documentation and searching the forums to no avail.

Can anyone help please?

Created a test-account as instructed in http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#upload_trouble

http://delfer.dk/album/

UserID: cptest
Password: cptest

I created a test-album to be used for testing.

With best regards

Henrik

Nibbler

Re: Cannot upload new images
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2006, 12:15:52 am »

Works ok for me. Make sure you are not trying to upload excessively large files.

Delfer

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2006, 12:34:22 am »

Thanks Nibbler for all your help.

Works ok for me. Make sure you are not trying to upload excessively large files.

Could be the file size... I just dont understand it - I have images in my gallery which are larger than 2Mb - uploaded many 1Mb+ files through HTTP also. I was just able to upload a whole bunch of files around 100Kb... wierd.

The files I am currently trying to add are all less than 1Mb... I will attempt a resize of them, and call my host tomorrow, and ask if they made a few changes that could account for the problems I am having. Could it be that they changed some parameters for the GD engine?

Anyways - once again - thanks :-)

Henrik

Delfer

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2006, 12:54:10 am »

Well - still got trouble...

If you could... try and upload THIS file: http://delfer.dk/out/div/20060720_Moon1-125s200iD.jpg it's only 46Kb, and there is no way I can get it to accept this (batch or HTTP upload) - despite the fact that it just accepted a whole stack of 120-130Kb files.

I just dont get it :-/

Henrik

Nibbler

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2006, 12:58:38 am »

That picture qualifies as excessively large. It doesn't fit on my screen without zooming or scrolling. If you really need such images then you need to be permitted more server power to process them online or make your resized versions yourself on your PC.

Delfer

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2006, 01:06:00 am »

Thanks Nibbler,

It was "only" 1280 x 1280 - but reducing it to 1024 x 1024 helped a lot. I am alomst 100% certain it is my hosting provider that has made some changes, because I have previsoulsy uploaded images that were 3000 x 2008 pixels without a glitch.

I will give em a call tomorrow - thanks for your kindness and help! You rock!

Henrik

dcphotos

• Coppermine newbie
  • Howdy from Texas
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2006, 06:04:59 pm »

I am having similar problems (http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=34076.0).
What happens when you click on the broken icon. It is supposed to give you a error message.
Thanks,
Don

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2006, 06:12:11 pm »

@dcphotos: Butt out of this thread, you already have a thread of your own. Your issues differ. Don't cross-post nor try to hijack a thread. Trying to draw supporter's attention to your thread this way will just do the opposite.

dcphotos

• Coppermine newbie
  • Howdy from Texas
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2006, 11:24:25 pm »

BUTT OUT?!? Excuse me I was asking him a question that IS relevant to us both! It was in response to something HE wrote and a legitimate question to ask. I am NOT trying to "draw supporter's attention to your thread" as you say. I was simply refering Delfer to my post to bring him up to speed on what I was refering to.
This is NOT an attempt to hi jack a thread to cross-post as you say.
You really feel that NOT asking what the error said is prudent?

Don
« Last Edit: August 10, 2006, 03:23:28 am by dcphotos »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 20 queries.