Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Connections-Theme for cpg1.4.x and WordPress 1.5  (Read 53670 times)

kenjadams

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Connections-Theme for cpg1.4.x and WordPress 1.5
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2006, 05:15:47 pm »

Hi Billy, i love the Connections theme, great work. However i have a problem using it, the scroll bars continue to exist even if i reduce the number of the thumbnails. Here's what i mean;

[Edit GauGau] Replaced hotlinked images with attachments [/Edit]

Does that have to do with the width of the gallery table? Is it possible to increase it? Thanks!
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 03:22:48 pm by GauGau »

Gizmo

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • BullsEye Photos
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2006, 07:20:00 pm »

Thanks Kenj for the compliment. I believe this was my first adventure into creating a narrow theme with a sidebar so there are probably some issues. I may not have been clear in the initial post on what settings you should use in the Config and I have since learned (through the help of this forum I might add) that I can set the proper Config settings through the theme.php file. This way I can prevent some of these issues. I've attached a new theme.php file in the attachment so please download, unzip, upload and give it a try.

The Config settings I am controlling through this file are below and you can find them near the top in the file:
Code: [Select]
// These parameters overide what the user inputs in the Configuration setup to prevent the theme from breaking.
$CONFIG['max_film_strip_items'] = 4; //overrides the number of thumbnails.
$CONFIG['thumbcols'] = 4; //overrides the number of columns for thumbnails.
$CONFIG['main_table_width'] = '100%'; //overrides the Width of the main table (pixels or %).
$CONFIG['picture_table_width'] = '100%'; //overrides the Width of the table for file display (pixels or %).
$CONFIG['album_list_cols'] = 2; // sets "Number of columns for the album list"
$CONFIG['first_level'] = 0; //sets "Show first level album thumbnails in categories = no".

Let me know how you make out.

Cheers,

Gizmo
Did you read the manual first???? Taking 2 minutes to backup your files can save you hours of wondering what you screwed up.
Billy Bullock - BullsEyePhotos Blog of Indecision

danibo

• Coppermine novice
    • boschungfoto
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2006, 10:10:39 am »

Hallo

When you have long Filenames and you want to show them under the thumbnails in Albumview and in the Filmstrip, it happens, that the thumbnails do not fit in the frame...
If you reduce the number of shown thumbnails it works of course...  Took me a while to find that out, because in some albums the same-size-thumbs where fitting in the frame and in others not...
Anyway. I like the design very much.
Would it be very difficult to make the framesettigs wider (bigger). If  you do not use it with Wordpress it should not bother...

Thanks
Daniel

Gizmo

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • BullsEye Photos
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2006, 01:17:53 pm »

Thanks Daniel. If you look at the header and main content images, you'll see that they are fixed width images. These would have to be redone and then the css adjusted to make it all fit. Give it a try and if you succeed, I'm sure a lot of people would download and use it. I had to make a decision on all the themes I've ported to either go with the WP layout or redo them with wider widths but I chose WP as it would be a lot easier (and I use WP). I do like the fact that a lot of people like these themes and ask to have them widened and hoped it would drive people to try it themselves and maybe learning something cool in the process. I had very little experience in theming when I posted my first theme and I've gained ALOT of knowledge about html, css and php in the process. This knowledge isn't only for Coppermine but can be carried over to WordPress, SMF or making individual websites not to mention the 100's of packages out there. I will warn you though, this learning process can be very addicting so be prepared to make room in your head for all that you will learn!  ;D
Did you read the manual first???? Taking 2 minutes to backup your files can save you hours of wondering what you screwed up.

kenjadams

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2006, 12:37:27 am »

Thanks Kenj for the compliment. I believe this was my first adventure into creating a narrow theme with a sidebar so there are probably some issues. I may not have been clear in the initial post on what settings you should use in the Config and I have since learned (through the help of this forum I might add) that I can set the proper Config settings through the theme.php file. This way I can prevent some of these issues. I've attached a new theme.php file in the attachment so please download, unzip, upload and give it a try.

The Config settings I am controlling through this file are below and you can find them near the top in the file:
// These parameters overide what the user inputs in the Configuration setup to prevent the theme from breaking.
$CONFIG['max_film_strip_items'] = 4; //overrides the number of thumbnails.
$CONFIG['thumbcols'] = 4; //overrides the number of columns for thumbnails.
$CONFIG['main_table_width'] = '100%'; //overrides the Width of the main table (pixels or %).
$CONFIG['picture_table_width'] = '100%'; //overrides the Width of the table for file display (pixels or %).
$CONFIG['album_list_cols'] = 2; // sets "Number of columns for the album list"
$CONFIG['first_level'] = 0; //sets "Show first level album thumbnails in categories = no".

Let me know how you make out.

Cheers,

Gizmo

Hi Billy, thanks for your answer, I no longer have that problem. However, now a question mark appears at the top of the page;

[Edit GauGau] Replaced hotlinked images with attachments [/Edit]

and the homepage is aligned to the left however when i open a category, it is centered. You could see it in the above pics.
Thanks again,
Ken
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 03:23:56 pm by GauGau »

Gizmo

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • BullsEye Photos
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2006, 04:22:08 am »

It's hard to tell from the images but it looks like you have a rouge ?> closing php tag. Did you add any php code to your template.html? Check your theme.php file as well. If you can't find it, post a link to your gallery. It's possible that once you fix this issue, them pages may correct themselves.

kenjadams

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2006, 02:21:23 pm »

Thanks Billy, i checked the theme.php file and there was an additional "?>" at the end. I erased it and now everything works fine. Thanks again. :)

kenjadams

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2007, 09:14:36 pm »

Hi Billy, it's me again.  I dont know how to tell this but i'd like to know if its possible to put pictures near the category name at the home page of the gallery. Like this one; http://lnx.mariahlambsunited.net/gallery/
Thanks.

Gizmo

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • BullsEye Photos
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2007, 11:41:34 pm »

Are you talking about category thumbnails? If so here's the manual link - http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#cat_cp.

kenjadams

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2007, 10:38:53 am »

Thanks i did not know how to do that.  :)

demogirl

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2007, 01:30:04 pm »

Hello,
I have just donwloaded CPG1.4 and uploaded the template.  I am receiving the following error:

config.php

?>
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: pageheader() in /home/httpd/vhosts/mydomain.com/httpdocs/v2/config.php on line 475

When I go to that particular line reference, code is:

pageheader($lang_config_php['title']);

Seems pretty normal to me.

The installation was a simple upload and no alterations have been made - it's just a default install.  Only change was to upload the templates (this one and K2) and it's broken my installation.

If anyone could kindly offer some suggestions as to a possible workaround that would be fab. This is an awesome template!

Thanks,

Lolla

Gizmo

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • BullsEye Photos
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2007, 02:18:36 pm »

I assume that the gallery is working with the themes that came with the CPG installation such as the Classic theme. One question, after downloading, did you unzip the themes before uploading to your FTP site?

Nibbler

« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2007, 02:21:58 pm »

Are you sure you are not using 1.3?

demogirl

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2007, 03:03:40 am »

Hi Gizmo, Nibbler...
Thanks very much for the speedy reply.  I actually checked the version and it was the older version. I have since upgraded to the latest version and run the template again without a hitch.

Thanks for the very easy fix.  This is still all very new to me.

Kind Regards,
Lolla

Farnsi

• LocalSupporter
  • Coppermine frequent poster
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2007, 09:22:58 pm »

Hi guys, i have this little problem with this wonderful theme. I got this user who likes to write some more information to his albums then the others. so far so good, but it "destroys" the way the albumview looks.
i made a screenshot, so you can have a look at what i'm talking about. I guess there has to be some sort of tag in the css-sheet or anywhere else, that puts the thumbnail of the album on top.
could you tell me how i can change this?

thanks a lot!  :)
Regards,
Farnsi

Nibbler

« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2007, 10:22:14 pm »

Easier if you post a link so we can play with the css ourselves.

Farnsi

• LocalSupporter
  • Coppermine frequent poster
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2007, 01:11:40 pm »

sorry, a bit late, got a lot of work to do right now.
here you go: Link to the User-Gallery where the problem appears
Tell me if you need anything more, for example a test login or else.
Thank you!  :)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 11:34:39 pm by Farnsi »
Regards,
Farnsi

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Connections-Theme for cpg1.4.x and WordPress 1.5 - modpack
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2007, 08:46:03 am »

Stramm has ported this theme to be used with his modpack as well. All users running Stramm's modpack who would like all modpack features to work with this theme should review his thread "Theme connections for modpack - download".

Bernique

• Coppermine newbie
    • Bernique Inside
« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2007, 11:31:53 am »

Hello all,

to make it quick, I'm a newbies in Coppermine unless I have some experience with phpBB (see my forum about old moped http://cyclogalet.celeonet.fr/forumcyclogalet/ )

By the way, I need to create a photo gallery to replace an existing related site which is a nightmare to maintain with the existing solution (actual site to be replaced with Coppermine solution: http://bernique.free.fr/documathequecyclogalet/ ).

So I made a test at this location: http://documatheque.galet.free.fr/

As you can see, I'm trying to use Connections' theme with some minor modifications (top picture)... and this is where I'm looking for some experience :)
I whish I could do the following:
  • change the order of the left side menus (GALLERY, ABOUT THE SITE...)... but I cannot easily find those in the theme.php file ???
  • in the random file section, display 4 thumbs instead of 6 for evident design issues
  • and the same in Last addition section

Thanks for your help on those basics questions ;D

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2007, 03:34:24 pm »

change the order of the left side menus (GALLERY, ABOUT THE SITE...)... but I cannot easily find those in the theme.php file ???
Oh well... the theme comes with three files that you could possibly edit with a plain text editor, yet you were not able to look at those three files?
Anyway, edit themes/connections/template.html and find
About the Siteand edit as you see fit. This question clearly doesn't belong into this thread - we expect you to be able to use a plain text editor and hit [Ctrl]+[F] in that editor.

in the random file section, display 4 thumbs instead of 6 for evident design issues
This theme doesn't override the number of files displayed in one row - it takes into account whatever you specify in coppermine's config. Subsequently, you'll need to specify 6 columns per thumbnail row.

and the same in Last addition section
Same answer applies

Thanks for your help on those basics questions ;D
Those are indeed very basic questions that don't belong into an announcement thread for a particular theme contribution. If you need to see this discussed more detailed, start a thread of your own (and remember our "one question per thread" policy on the support board).
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 19 queries.