Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bridging 1.4.8 with PHPBB 2.0.21  (Read 3283 times)

vengeful_NIORA

• Coppermine newbie
Bridging 1.4.8 with PHPBB 2.0.21
« on: August 09, 2006, 05:22:05 am »

I'm not sure quite what the problem here is, as I've gone through the steps and answers from a few seemingly related threads, and it just plain doesn't seem to be working here....

Here's all the pertinent information before I start explaining what's going on...

Coppermine install: http://www.niora4x4club.com/gallery
Forum install: http://www.niora4x4club.com/phpBB2
Coppermine version: cpg1.4.8
Forum version: phpBB2 v. 2.0.21
Test user account: tester/testing123

BridgeManager settings:
Forum URL:  http://www.niora4x4club.com/phpBB2
Relative path to your BBS's config file:  ../phpBB2/
Use post-based groups?:  0 

Cookie information:
Cookie Domain: .niora4x4club.com
Cookie Name: niora4x4cl_forum
Cookie Path: /phpBB2
Cookie Secure: 0

Ok, here's whats going on.  I have gone through the bridge wizard and double, triple, quadruple and quintupple checked my settings, and they're all spot on.  I've cleared all my local data.   When I click 'Login' on the Coppermine gallery page, it takes me to the Forum Login page, as it should.  When I enter the Login Information (tester/testing123), it redirects me back to the Coppermine Gallery page, as it should, but the user is not logged in.  When I click 'Login' again, it brings me back to the forum, and I'm already logged in there, and can't redirect back to the gallery.

Do I need to change the cookie settings of Coppermine in the Admin bar to the same as the phpBB cookie settings before I can bridge it?  Or will the bridging manager take care of all of that for me?

Oh, I'm using Firefox, would that make any difference in how the cookies are interpreted?  It doesn't make any difference on other sites with bridged galleries (however, I did not set those up).

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, and I'm hoping it's something very simple, but I've been struggling with it for 3 hours, and all the while searching these forums with little luck, and frankly, I'm getting a little burnt out with it.  Thanks in advance for any help. ;)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2006, 06:07:27 pm by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Bridging 1.4.8 with PHPBB 2.0.21
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2006, 06:46:10 am »

Cookie Path: /phpBB2
Go to your forum's control panel and change the cookie path to "/" (without the quotes). Coppermine needs to be able to read the cookie. If you restrict it to the forum folder only, it can't do so.

vengeful_NIORA

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Bridging 1.4.8 with PHPBB 2.0.21
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2006, 05:59:11 pm »

That did it!  Thanks a bunch.  I knew it was something simple that I was overlooking.   ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.