Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Reuploaded, now Batch says "no new files"  (Read 3011 times)

UK_CJ

• Coppermine newbie
Reuploaded, now Batch says "no new files"
« on: July 29, 2006, 02:21:29 am »

Coppermine is replacing the HTML pages of images that my photo galleries used to be. I have over 5,000 images to upload into the gallery, and I have been using the Batch process to get these old images into the new galleries.

After some initial messing with it, and about 1,000 files in Coppermine, I realized I had not set it up properly (needed a hierarchical directory structure within the BatchUploadsFolder). So I went into the Admin tool, deleted all the images (which were screwed up due to another self-caused glitch), and cleared the galleries in prepapration for re-uploading the files.

I have now re-uploaded all the images (via FTP) into the directories within my BatchUploadsFolder, and am ready to run the Batch process to add them to the proper galleries.

Unfortunately, the Batch process says all these files are already in the galleries!

I though the "IRREVERSIBLY delete all files in the XXX gallery" button would clear the database entries as well, but apparently it didn't.

How do I tell Coppermine to reset the database to zero, so I can re-Batch all these Galleries?

Thanks!
- CJ
« Last Edit: August 09, 2006, 11:30:44 pm by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Reuploaded, now Batch says "no new files"
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2006, 06:34:35 am »

Use a tool like phpMyAdmin and empty (not delete!) the table 'yourcoppermineprefix_pictures". It's recommended to backup your database before doing so if you're not 100% sure what you're doing.

UK_CJ

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2006, 07:08:58 pm »

Thanks for the help GauGau, but I have a problem...

GoDaddy (my host) does not allow me access to that table via the MyPHPAdmin tool. Is there any way to clear the entries in that table through the Coppermine Admin tool? That is the only access that GoDaddy allows their subscribers to the stock install of Coppermine.

My site was supposed to go live today, but the photo galleries are one of our most popular features, and I can't upload files because the Batch tool thinks they are already uploaded. (They aren't. The galleries are empty.)

Is there any other way to solve this problem via the Coppermine Admin interface?

Thanks for the help,
- CJ

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2006, 07:18:05 pm »

Known issue: if you're using the valueAdded program by goDaddy, you're stuck beyond recovery. They won't let you access your db, they won't back it up for you. You shouldn't have used their valueAdded thingy in the first place, as pre- or auto-installed galleries just simply, plainly suck. Nothing to do with Coppermine, but a limitation imposed by your webhost. Complain there if you want.
Bottom line: burn the whole thing down, start from scratch, performing a real coppermine install as suggested in our docs after having downloaded our sources - the only genuine method to get a real, fully-operational coppermine gallery.

UK_CJ

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2006, 08:23:48 pm »

Excellent info. I'll do it this week.

Thanks for the help!
- CJ
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 20 queries.