Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Admin-created galleries manageable by users? SOLVED  (Read 4061 times)

iSpork

• Coppermine newbie
    • http://www.usaglamourgirls.com
Admin-created galleries manageable by users? SOLVED
« on: January 28, 2004, 05:25:35 am »

I haven't seen this specifically.

I've duplicated portfolios from my previous gallery system to CPG, integrated with phpBB2.  No problems there.

How do I assign permissions (to those users for whom I have re-created albums in CPG) to maintain ONLY their own albums (the albums are NOT in the generic User Albums area) after I have created them?

Obviously, those that are not registered with the board will have to...

Or, is this more of a phpBB2 issue?

Please advise...Thank you!

iSpork

• Coppermine newbie
*bump*
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2004, 10:08:26 pm »

*bump*

Just to clarify, I know and understand how to set it up for new users and groups starting new albums (and how to move them around).

What I want to know is how to set permissions to users for whom I have created a gallery for (as admin), these galleries are not in the 'users albums' category.

Is it that it's not possible (at this time) because the galleries are not in the 'users albums' categories?

Is the solution to move those albums into the 'users albums' category?  And if that is the solution, the next question will be how to rename the category to what I want it to be, rather than 'user albums.'

Thanks for your time!

ps I know this has been mentioned, but I just want to echo what a great piece of software this is, and that I would be very interested in making a contribution if it were "donateware."

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2004, 10:28:43 pm »

Hi,

It is not possible to move albums in, or out, of the user galleries (at least at the moment).
So the only way at the moment, for users to have admin rights of an album, is when they create it, in the user galleries.
(there may be a way to do it by changing ownership in the database, but I'm only guessing now).

To rename and alter the description of the user galleries, just click on the categories link, and edit it in there.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2004, 11:08:15 pm »

OK,

I thought I'd have a go at using phpmyadmin to move albums in and out of the user galleries (cat=1).

It's fairly easy.  
First, back up your db.
To move an album from a public category into the user galleries, first open the db _users table, to find the user you want to own the album.  Note down their id (the original admin will be 1).

Now open your _albums table in your db.  Browse to the row for the album you want to move and click edit.  Now change the cat from its current setting to user id number +10000 (so for admin it will be 10001).

save the settings, and away you go.

To move an album from the user galleries to a public category, simply change the setting from its 10000+ number, to the cat id number.

NOTE; This has not been tested much, so can any MySQL guru confirm there will be no downside to this
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

iSpork

• Coppermine newbie
Woo-Hoo!
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2004, 05:01:16 am »

Ooh...Thanks Casper!

That's what I've discovered to do as well, but you have included the little twist that allows it to actually work!  :lol:

Thank you again for your time!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 19 queries.