Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 'No new file was found' problem  (Read 3307 times)

ToonGeneral

• Coppermine newbie
'No new file was found' problem
« on: August 06, 2006, 04:08:49 pm »

Hi guys,

I recently installed coppermine on my domain and have been trying to get using it. Having encountered the above problem, I've searched the forums and found a couple of other instances, but nothing that's helped me to solve it. I checked out the Uploading Troubleshooting post and made the changes suggested; there's nothing there that's revelaed an obvious error.

My domain is hosted on a Linux server running Apache. I can use the HTTP upload method for both local files and URLs, so coppermine seems to be working, I just can't find the bug with the batch upload. I have checked and double checked the permissions on the folders, it won't work with 755 or 777. These are the very first files to be uploaded and so there I don't see how there can be any conflict with file names.

I don't think i've missed any suggested solutions and I'm now at a loss! If someone is prepared to look at it for me I can prob set up the necessary accounts, although FTP and/or mysql I'll need to speak to my mate as it's his server up in London.

Any help is much appreciated.

Delfer

• Coppermine newbie
Re: 'No new file was found' problem
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2006, 11:27:39 pm »

I am having similar problems... Been using Coppermine for ages without any problems whatsoever, upgraded a couple of times - without a problem... than all of a sudden... I can't add files to my Coppermine gallery. If I do a manual upload of a file... it uploads the files and sais: "1 file uploaded successfully" - then when I click continue... i get a "The page cannot be displayed" error on then /album/upload.php url (no additional swicthes on the url). I don't get it...

If I try to upload the image using FTP - and add it through Batch Add files... I browse to the directory where the file is located, make sure the file is "checked", then click the "Add files" button - on the next page (where we usually get the blue OK Icon - I get nothing (a small broken image icon), and absolutely NO file is added.

Don't know if it has anything to do with this - but I just attempted swicthing the language back from danish to english... can't be done (for some reason).

Quite frankly - I am at a loss. Been reading the documentation and searching the forums to no avail.

Can anyone help please?

With best regards

Henrik

Nibbler

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2006, 11:40:20 pm »

http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#upload_trouble

Delfer: Please start your own thread to avoid confuson.

Delfer

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2006, 11:50:41 pm »

My apologies - will do so right away

ToonGeneral

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2006, 01:01:30 pm »

Hi Nibbler,

Thanks for the quick reply, but I have already checked out the docs and tried that, hasn't revelaed anything about what might be causing the problem, which was why I posted. Where should I go next?

Cheers.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2006, 02:23:02 pm »

@ToonGeneral: re-read the section Nibbler has refered to and do exactly as suggested there. Pay particular attention to the stuff highlighted in red!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.