Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 'No new file was found' problem  (Read 3274 times)

ToonGeneral

• Coppermine newbie
'No new file was found' problem
« on: August 06, 2006, 04:08:49 pm »

Hi guys,

I recently installed coppermine on my domain and have been trying to get using it. Having encountered the above problem, I've searched the forums and found a couple of other instances, but nothing that's helped me to solve it. I checked out the Uploading Troubleshooting post and made the changes suggested; there's nothing there that's revelaed an obvious error.

My domain is hosted on a Linux server running Apache. I can use the HTTP upload method for both local files and URLs, so coppermine seems to be working, I just can't find the bug with the batch upload. I have checked and double checked the permissions on the folders, it won't work with 755 or 777. These are the very first files to be uploaded and so there I don't see how there can be any conflict with file names.

I don't think i've missed any suggested solutions and I'm now at a loss! If someone is prepared to look at it for me I can prob set up the necessary accounts, although FTP and/or mysql I'll need to speak to my mate as it's his server up in London.

Any help is much appreciated.

Delfer

• Coppermine newbie
Re: 'No new file was found' problem
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2006, 11:27:39 pm »

I am having similar problems... Been using Coppermine for ages without any problems whatsoever, upgraded a couple of times - without a problem... than all of a sudden... I can't add files to my Coppermine gallery. If I do a manual upload of a file... it uploads the files and sais: "1 file uploaded successfully" - then when I click continue... i get a "The page cannot be displayed" error on then /album/upload.php url (no additional swicthes on the url). I don't get it...

If I try to upload the image using FTP - and add it through Batch Add files... I browse to the directory where the file is located, make sure the file is "checked", then click the "Add files" button - on the next page (where we usually get the blue OK Icon - I get nothing (a small broken image icon), and absolutely NO file is added.

Don't know if it has anything to do with this - but I just attempted swicthing the language back from danish to english... can't be done (for some reason).

Quite frankly - I am at a loss. Been reading the documentation and searching the forums to no avail.

Can anyone help please?

With best regards

Henrik

Nibbler

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2006, 11:40:20 pm »

http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#upload_trouble

Delfer: Please start your own thread to avoid confuson.

Delfer

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2006, 11:50:41 pm »

My apologies - will do so right away

ToonGeneral

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2006, 01:01:30 pm »

Hi Nibbler,

Thanks for the quick reply, but I have already checked out the docs and tried that, hasn't revelaed anything about what might be causing the problem, which was why I posted. Where should I go next?

Cheers.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2006, 02:23:02 pm »

@ToonGeneral: re-read the section Nibbler has refered to and do exactly as suggested there. Pay particular attention to the stuff highlighted in red!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.