Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Notes Section in the Admin Panel  (Read 3187 times)

razorbiker

• Coppermine novice
Notes Section in the Admin Panel
« on: August 05, 2006, 08:20:33 pm »

I currently run 3 different CPG sites. I assume that like most of us users, in addition to the admin account...we also have one (or more regular accounts for testing and maybe even for "stealth" browsing of the gallery.

Anyway, with that many GPG sites, it would be very helpful for the admin area to have a "notes" or free text area to keep information about the gallery such as mods, usernames, notes, etc.  Keeping it in this area would be very easy to access quickly.

Is this way out there in requests?

Thanks for consideration.

Wally

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project
Re: Notes Section in the Admin Panel
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2006, 08:51:46 pm »

This could be done as a plugin ...something like google notebook
‍I don't answer to PM with support question
Please post your issue to related board

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Notes Section in the Admin Panel
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2006, 11:26:49 pm »

This is something pretty easy to implement if you keep it basic. Basically, add a new entry in the config table in the db, then edit the language file to make it easy to edit the entry within Config. Something more complicated would be beyond the scope of the gallery, in my opinion. As bmossavari suggested, this is also a good plugin idea.

I'm actually using Google Notebook to list my mods in my public notebook, so others can see what I've used in my gallery. I use another private notebook for notes to self.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 20 queries.