Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Album ownership by individual registered users ???  (Read 2830 times)

finlay

• Coppermine newbie
Album ownership by individual registered users ???
« on: January 29, 2004, 12:19:49 pm »

Hi

I installed Coppermine yesterday and played with it all afternoon. Very nice installation procedure. Good documentation. Nice integration with phpbb.

A quick question on function though, which i cannot seem to find answered in another post.

I want to set up a small gallery where Bob, Jack, Mary and Jim can display their paintings.

I want Bob to be able to administrate ONLY his own pictures in the 'Bob' album; Jack only the pictures in the 'Jack' album,  etc.

At present, all those members who are registered seem to have the right to upload pictures to, and deplete pictures from, any album where upload permissions have been set! Seems far too dangerous for me to rely just on their good will in not sabotaging each others paintings.

So I'm sure I must be missing something. I thought it was typical functionality on any picture software to allow registered users to upload only to specified albums, whilst only the administrator had the power to control ALL albums.

Can you point out where I'm going wrong?

Thanks

Finlay

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2004, 02:28:54 pm »

No,the only people who can delete/edit all pics in the gallery is admin.
Users can only admin their own albums within the user galleries category, no others.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

jdbaranger

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
    • Accro-Photo
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2004, 02:46:47 pm »

Hi,

A little workaround is this : http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=2057

Maybe it coul'd help you...

Jean-Denis
Jean-Denis

finlay

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2004, 07:07:12 pm »

thanks for the responses.

I've been playing around some more and i see that the only way to get people to have individual albums that members can administrate alone is to set up the site with private albums in the 'user galleries category' BUT ...

when i set it up that way I then lose the nice icons that display to show the albums inside the categories. Is there a way to make nice picture icons display for the albums inside the 'user galleries category'???

jdbaranger

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
    • Accro-Photo
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2004, 07:21:41 pm »

This will be part of the next version.

You can have more infos here : http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=2499

and download modified files in CVS : http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/coppermine/

Bye

Jean-Denis
Jean-Denis
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 18 queries.