Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Funky space between tables...  (Read 17043 times)

ashleyXcore

• Coppermine novice
    • Magazine Junkie
Funky space between tables...
« on: August 04, 2006, 05:43:06 am »

My tables are spaced correctly in all views, except for the actual intermediate image view...The bar with the back & forward arrows is so far away from the main table. I want it to be closer together.

You can see what I mean, here: http://www.pink-pistol.net/scans/displayimage.php?album=151&pos=2

How can I fix this? I don't know where to begin... and I stink at tables ^.^
Thanks for the help!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2006, 02:22:22 am by bmossavari »
"There are many kinds of eyes. Even the sphinx has eyes — and consequently there are many kinds of 'truths', and consequently there is no truth."

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
Re: Funky space bewteen tables...
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2006, 08:02:22 am »

copy the function starttable from themes/sample/theme.php to the theme.php you're actually using and then change cellspacing="1" to cellspacing="0"

ashleyXcore

• Coppermine novice
    • Magazine Junkie
Re: Funky space between tables...
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2006, 08:50:30 am »

I'm sorry - I don't really understand. I don't have a /sample directory in /themes and I'm not sure what you mean by the starttable function. Is there a way you can show me what I need to change?

Thanks!
"There are many kinds of eyes. Even the sphinx has eyes — and consequently there are many kinds of 'truths', and consequently there is no truth."

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2006, 08:58:39 am »

cause you're using 1.3.5 and not 1.4.x
moving your question to the 1.3 support board

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2006, 09:19:48 am »

similar solution... open your theme.php, look for the function starttable, few lines below find cellspacing="1" and change to cellspacing="0"

ashleyXcore

• Coppermine novice
    • Magazine Junkie
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2006, 06:01:04 pm »

Oh my god, sorry about that... I wasn't sure what version I had  o.0

Unfortunately, that cellspacing thing didn't work. In fact, nothing changed at all. What's next? Can someone move this thread for me or do I start a new one in the appropriate forum?

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2006, 06:12:20 pm »

I've moved it already to the 1.3 themes board.

Please tell me exactly what you've changed and in what dir/file

ashleyXcore

• Coppermine novice
    • Magazine Junkie
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2006, 02:51:23 am »

Okay, I changed this part:
Code: [Select]
function starttable($width = '-1', $title = '', $title_colspan = '1')
{
    global $CONFIG;

if ($width == '-1') $width = $CONFIG['picture_table_width'];
    if ($width == '100%') $width = $CONFIG['main_table_width'];
    echo <<<EOT

<!-- Start standard table -->
<table align="center" width="$width" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0" class="maintable">

To this:
function starttable($width = '-1', $title = '', $title_colspan = '1')
{
    global $CONFIG;

if ($width == '-1') $width = $CONFIG['picture_table_width'];
    if ($width == '100%') $width = $CONFIG['main_table_width'];
    echo <<<EOT

<!-- Start standard table -->
<table align="center" width="$width" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" class="maintable">

Nothing changed. Was that what I was supposed to change?

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2006, 07:23:05 am »

search for
<br><br>
under theme.php and delete it
‍I don't answer to PM with support question
Please post your issue to related board

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2006, 08:51:32 am »

in style.css find the class definitions for maintable and navmenu and change the look of the borders as you wish (you'll find something like border: 1px; -> delete or modify)

The change in theme.php brings the borders together (no more space between the cells). In the style you can define/ change colors/ width

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2006, 10:14:18 am »

Users who have sapprckt as theme keep on popping up here, asking questions on this theme. It's one of the more frequent themes I saw, but whenever I asked users where they got it from (as it isn't available on our site), they shrugged or didn't bother to answer at all. Please tell us where you got that theme from, so we can take a look at the sources and tell the creator of that particular theme where his main bugs are. Don't respond by saying: "I don't remember where I got it from", because that's what I've heard so many times already. Looks like the use of that theme is not allowed (someone may own the copyrights and hasn't released it under a license that allows the theme to be shared), and there seem to be illegal copies floating around. Please tell me that I'm wrong-

ashleyXcore

• Coppermine novice
    • Magazine Junkie
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2006, 10:12:40 am »

Users who have sapprckt as theme keep on popping up here, asking questions on this theme. It's one of the more frequent themes I saw, but whenever I asked users where they got it from (as it isn't available on our site), they shrugged or didn't bother to answer at all. Please tell us where you got that theme from, so we can take a look at the sources and tell the creator of that particular theme where his main bugs are. Don't respond by saying: "I don't remember where I got it from", because that's what I've heard so many times already. Looks like the use of that theme is not allowed (someone may own the copyrights and hasn't released it under a license that allows the theme to be shared), and there seem to be illegal copies floating around. Please tell me that I'm wrong-

No no no, a girl made this theme and put it up for download on her site. It was set up to teach people what attributes change what, etc. I have her link in my credits section (ew, I hate people who don't give credit!) but she seems to have closed. http://44.depicture.org/guest.php?coppermine  - People have asked about where to find the girl who made it over at the codegrrl.com forums too but... to no avail.

search for
<br><br>
under theme.php and delete it
thank you, thank you, thank you!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2006, 03:22:21 pm »

Definitely not - sapprckt originally was a theme for phpBB. Someone ported it to be a coppermine ages ago. I guess the theme got removed on the page you refered to because it hasn't been licensed (copyright issue). Guess that's why the theme download has been removed - maybe the person who claimed to have created the theme actually has not, but posed/impersonated. Happens often. That's why you're suppossed to get originals from the original sources. Don't trust third-party stuff, people may be faking or posting illegal material there.
Bottom line: this is probably yet another dead end, we we won't be able to find out who actually did the initial theme port.

ashleyXcore

• Coppermine novice
    • Magazine Junkie
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2006, 07:58:27 pm »

Oh wow! Well I don't know if she claimed to make the theme, but she did change all the colors (i think!) so that people could see what does what...

Anyway, a ton of people use the theme, apparently. I just did a search and it seems that all the teen fansites use some version of it, so whoever made it is pretty popular.

Thanks for the help  ^.^

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 20 queries.