Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Comments of the code  (Read 4685 times)

johnkar

• Coppermine newbie
Comments of the code
« on: August 03, 2006, 12:03:53 am »

I need the whole code that is used to create coppermine fully commented. Is there someone that actually knows and is willing to do it?Please e-mail me to discuss details.Thanx in advance

giannis_karanikolopoulos@hotmail.com
« Last Edit: August 03, 2006, 01:43:44 pm by GauGau »

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project
Re: Comments of the code
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2006, 12:08:58 am »

‍I don't answer to PM with support question
Please post your issue to related board

johnkar

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2006, 02:37:53 am »

I read the rules and i know that i don't explain much but i don't know if there is someone that can do that sort of thing or how much it may cost..that why i didn't give more details.If there is someone with this qualification please contact me in the e-mail above.thank you

eruss

• Supporter
  • Coppermine frequent poster
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2006, 02:44:04 am »

I read the rules and i know that i don't explain much but i don't know if there is someone that can do that sort of thing or how much it may cost..that why i didn't give more details.If there is someone with this qualification please contact me in the e-mail above.thank you

The code isn't secret.  You can read it.  If you have a specific question, maybe someone can help.  What is your goal?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2006, 07:47:36 am »

Please review my reply to your initial posting:
Coppermine contains a load of code - you can't expect that someone could come up with comments for each line of code, as there are many 100,000 lines of code. I suggest asking for an explanation of the particular sections you're interessted in and your skill level - do you need explanations what individual PHP commands do, or just the overall structure?
It's nearly impossible to add a comment to every single line of code in coppermine, just because of the sheer number of lines. What's your goal? Do you want to teach yourself some PHP? Do you want to be able to modify Coppermine on your own? Both goals can't be accomplished by looking at comments. You'll have to understand the code instead.

There's a good reason why bmossavari suggested to post more details as recommended in the sticky thread: all coppermine devs and a great number of other people could do this. It just would take very long and therefor it'd be very expensive. Send me $100,000 in advance and I'll start immediately, but don't expect results before the end of 2008. ;)

johnkar

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2006, 01:36:53 pm »

yes i see what you mean. I have just started to learn php-mysql and i have a summer project to do that coppermine is very similar and useful. I wanted the comments to better understand the code. I dont mean every single line, but the overall structure. but i realise that this is too difficult. I will come back with more specific questions. Thank you for your time guys :-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 19 queries.