Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems with my gallery/Fatal Error  (Read 7441 times)

ashlee

• Coppermine newbie
Problems with my gallery/Fatal Error
« on: August 01, 2006, 06:04:52 pm »

Hi,
I know this problem with Fatal error is around this post, and I've looked at it and went to the tutorial to the debug mode. where it says go to your phpmyadmin and click on the config file. Well when i go to my phpmyadmin i click on my database and it has no tables, on my other database for another gallery it has the same thing but it has 32 tables and not the cpg_143 config table. How Come? Please help me, i've tried everything.

Nibbler

Re: Problems with my gallery/Fatal Error
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2006, 06:23:34 pm »

That would explain the fatal error then. If the tables have been deleted then you'll need to restore them from a backup.

ashlee

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2006, 12:18:52 am »

I have everything in my ftp thought, how can they be deleted?

I moved from a different server,so right when i switch my database info from include/config.php this error came up.

Help?

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2006, 12:24:42 am »

You can't move (or backup) database by ftp , they didn't store as a file on your web space they are on mysql server!
you need to use something like phpmyadmin to create a backup from your orginal (old server) databse and then restor it on new server ,
‍I don't answer to PM with support question
Please post your issue to related board

ashlee

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2006, 12:55:45 am »

how do you do that?

sorry for bothering

eruss

• Supporter
  • Coppermine frequent poster
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2006, 01:45:52 am »

how do you do that?

sorry for bothering

Here two of many pages on the web explaining the backup/restore process:

http://fragments.turtlemeat.com/mysql-database-backup-restore-phpmyadmin.php
http://zerokspot.com/docs/howto.phpmyadmin.backup_and_restore/

It's not as hard as it seems.  You can do it.

ashlee

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2006, 01:52:21 am »

K, I will do that, but the thing i mostly don't get is they all mention, having tables in your database, i have none it says, vanessa/0  ?

eruss

• Supporter
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2006, 01:57:34 am »

K, I will do that, but the thing i mostly don't get is they all mention, having tables in your database, i have none it says, vanessa/0  ?

If you have no tables in your original database, then you are either in a lot of trouble or you have the wrong database selected.  Are you saying that there are no tables in your original database - the one you are trying to backup?

Could it be a different database name?  Check the drop down box in phpMyAdmin to see if your gallery may have used a different database name.

ashlee

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2006, 02:12:54 am »

yeah it doesn't have any, i checked. I don't get it though my other one that i use has 32 tables and this one has none...
Will do it again try to find something but i don't know what's wrong with it.

eruss

• Supporter
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2006, 02:40:19 am »

yeah it doesn't have any, i checked. I don't get it though my other one that i use has 32 tables and this one has none...
Will do it again try to find something but i don't know what's wrong with it.

Is it possible you have you Coppermine tables in a shared database with something else?  What are the table prefixes in your database with 32 tables?  If any start with cpg, they are your cpg tables.

ashlee

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2006, 02:44:08 am »

yes, the one with 32 tables start with cpg135, but the one that has no tables has the 1.43 version and it's not shared, i made different database for my sites.

eruss

• Supporter
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2006, 02:47:11 am »

yes, the one with 32 tables start with cpg135, but the one that has no tables has the 1.43 version and it's not shared, i made different database for my sites.

Maybe you made a new database but ended up using the original one?  Even though you are on 1.43, your original database could have been used and would have maintained the cpg135 prefix.

I suspect this is what happened.  Try backing up this database and then restoring it on the new server.

ashlee

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2006, 02:52:56 am »

What? Look I deleted the database and created one again, changed the config info and went to my site www.vanessa.triple-star.org/gallery and says fatal error, then went to phpmyadmin still no tables, how come the other database in phpmyadmin has tables? but has these errors
Notice: Undefined variable: HTTP_POST_VARS in /home/.greasy/katija/katijafan.triple-star.org/gallery/include/init.inc.php on line 160

Notice: Undefined variable: HTTP_GET_VARS in /home/.greasy/katija/katijafan.triple-star.org/gallery/include/init.inc.php on line 168

Notice: Undefined variable: HTTP_COOKIE_VARS in /home/.greasy/katija/katijafan.triple-star.org/gallery/include/init.inc.php on line 187

Notice: Undefined variable: HTTP_SERVER_VARS in /home/.greasy/katija/katijafan.triple-star.org/gallery/include/init.inc.php on line 195

Notice: Undefined variable: HTTP_SERVER_VARS in /home/.greasy/katija/katijafan.triple-star.org/gallery/include/init.inc.php on line 202

Notice: Undefined index: debug_mode in /home/.greasy/katija/katijafan.triple-star.org/gallery/include/functions.inc.php on line 96
Fatal error :
There was an error while processing a database query

Weird?

ashlee

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2006, 02:54:03 am »

just to let u know i'm not using localhost as database server. just in case

eruss

• Supporter
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2006, 03:09:03 am »

The tables get created by Coppermine when you install it.  You don't create them yourself.  If you deleted the database tables with your data, you have lost your data unless you had it backed up.

Again, if you had a working copy of 1.35 and then upgraded to 1.43, you probably re-used your original database.  If you have now deleted that database, and you have no backup, it's my opinion that it's time to start over with a new database on your new server and a new installation of Coppermine.  Extract your images from your FTP backup and re-upload them.

If you don't know where the data is, there isn't much advice I can offer beyond the suggestion of where to look for it.  Sorry.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2006, 06:58:20 am »

Look I deleted the database and created one again
Deleting your original database that held all coppermine data was not a bright move at all. You're probably stuck then and won't be able to restore your original coppermine gallery on your new server. Confirm that you actually deleted the original gallery database (no matter what it was prefixed).
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 20 queries.