Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Blank Screen after I upgraded  (Read 4440 times)

wacp

• Coppermine newbie
Blank Screen after I upgraded
« on: July 30, 2006, 05:17:48 am »

My cpanel allowed me to install ver 1.3.3.  As soon as I got it set up I uploaded all the files from 1.4.8.  Now when I go to my site I get nothing but a blank screen.  Coppermine came up before I put the new version there.  What am I missing here?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2006, 11:45:02 pm by Nibbler »

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project
Re: Blank Screen after I upgraded
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2006, 06:55:57 am »

- did you copy all the new files (files and folders)? (specialy all standard themes in your case)
- did you run "update.php"
- check your /include/config.inc.php
- if you have custom theme then you should upgrade it
- you can use standard theme ( ie. classic theme ) by adding ?theme=classic after index.php
‍I don't answer to PM with support question
Please post your issue to related board

OmegaGOD

• Supporter
  • Coppermine frequent poster
  • I approve.
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2006, 07:26:52 am »

wacp:

I would suggust installing the latest stable CPG versus installing version 1.3.3 from fantastico using cPanel and then upgrading. You don't gain anything from using cPanel. In fact after you upgrade your CPG to the latest stable, the installation logs generated by cPanel are out of date.

Hope this helps.
Please do not PM me with support questions. Please read the manual and then if posting questions please place them in the proper sub-boards.

wacp

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2006, 04:11:22 pm »

I didn't know at the time I installed ver 1.3.3 it was out of date.  Yes I thought I copied all the new files and I ran update.php.  It didn't tell me anything went wrong so I thought everything would work.  I didn't change any themes, I hadn't added albums or pics to it yet.  This is the second time I tried doing this.  The first time after I did everything I got the parent directory with a list of directories.  So I deleted everything and started again this time to get a completely blank screen.  Not even an error message.

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2006, 05:13:20 pm »

manualy enable debug mode:
http://coppermine-gallery.net/tutorial/debug_mode.php
and then post a link
‍I don't answer to PM with support question
Please post your issue to related board

Nibbler

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2006, 05:16:01 pm »

Start off with a fresh copy of 1.4.8, if you have no content then there is no reason to be updating. If you have problems with the clean install then post in the install section.

The first time after I did everything I got the parent directory with a list of directories.  So I deleted everything and started again ...

That's a common issue if you're not familiar with making web sites, one line of code could have fixed that.

wacp

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2006, 11:35:28 pm »

I took your advice and installed the new version.  It works.  I previously went with the old version because cpanel set up mysql and everything that went along with it.  All of which I had no clue about.  Thx for the tip.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.