Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Couldn't log in. Try again Admin Acct  (Read 4170 times)

LeadSister

• Coppermine newbie
Couldn't log in. Try again Admin Acct
« on: July 29, 2006, 02:26:11 pm »

Hello,

I'm trying to fix my husbands gallery.  He is unable to login to his Admin account.  I've gone through all the threads I could find on this before posting.  I have tried clearing cookies and resetting his password via MySql as suggested and those didnt work.  We dont use Norton ;) and I've tried logging in with our Firewall disabled.  I've also ran the update.php file and still no help.

I haven't tried the adminpass.php suggestion yet.  My question is, once the username/password is reset... would he be able to change his username if it works and he can login?

He did update recently via Fantastico.  His gallery is http://segernet.com/gallery

Any help would be great.

Thanks!
Pamela
« Last Edit: July 29, 2006, 08:28:17 pm by Nibbler »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Couldn't log in. Try again Admin Acct
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2006, 02:34:31 pm »

He did update recently via Fantastico.  His gallery is http://segernet.com/gallery
This explains everything. Fantastico is outdated and buggy - it introduced a bug where the admin password has been changed to something stupid (not sure what it was - search for the term "fantastico" for details). Never use Fantastico again, it sucks. Only use the versions we provide. You're lagging 6 versions behind, the most recent stable release currently is cpg1.4.8 (while you have cpg1.4.2) - it's mandatory that you upgrade right now. However, as the stupid, buggy Fantastico update messed with your admin account, upgrading alone probably won't solve your issue. Use the methods described in the other threads you found, and post links to the threads that you have tried, so we won't send you to threads you have already seen and applied.

LeadSister

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2006, 02:50:59 pm »

Oh wow... I thought it was up to date!  Can I upgrade it even though we cant login and then try fixing the problem?

I can try and go back and find all the threads I read and post them if necessary but here's a list of what I've tried and did not work.  So any threads that mention the following isnt working.  I've read every thread here regarding not being able to login. :

-cleared cookies
-cookie path is set to "/"
-dont use Norton and tried disabling firewall
-ran update.php
-rest password via mysql

Did not try using the adminpass.php.  Would changing the password via that method work?

So, should I upgrade to current version first even though we cannot log in?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2006, 02:57:04 pm »

Can I upgrade it even though we cant login and then try fixing the problem?
yes, as per docs (upgrading section).

Did not try using the adminpass.php.  Would changing the password via that method work?
Not sure what you're refering to. The file you mention doesn't come with coppermine, must be a user contribution in one of the threads. Can't say if it works or not.

So, should I upgrade to current version first even though we cannot log in?
yes, as suggested before you have to upgrade now, instantly, at this very moment.

LeadSister

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2006, 03:44:31 pm »

Hello again :)

I ran the upgrade via FTP and all seemed to check out ok.  Of course can't login like you mentioned I probably wont be able to still.  Not sure where to see the version without logging in though to make sure.

Here is a post references the adminpass.php which I have not tried yet.  It also contains the manual password change via Mysql that I did try and didnt work. 

As for setting the cookie path to "/" as in this thread ... the cookie path in cpg_config table should just have / ? correct?  That is what's there right now.

Now what can I do?

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2006, 05:18:48 pm »

I wrote adminpass.php for those who can't change admin password manualy , you can use it safely
You should delete that file raight after password changing

My question is, once the username/password is reset... would he be able to change his username if it works and he can login?
YES, he can change it :)
‍I don't answer to PM with support question
Please post your issue to related board

LeadSister

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2006, 05:42:34 pm »

Thank you so much!  It worked :)

~Pamela
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 20 queries.