Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Public folder upload problem  (Read 6211 times)

craig091

• Coppermine newbie
Public folder upload problem
« on: July 26, 2006, 09:45:59 pm »

Hi there,

When a member uploads. they select the public folder to upload to, give the file a title, description, and then submits the file for upload. The image uploads fine but on completion of the upload the message "The selected album/file does not exist !" is displayed. However, the image has uploaded, and does appear in the chosen folder. Because members are getting this message they are trying again and so the same image is being uploaded multiple times as a consequence. Does anyone know the cause of this?

Thanks
Craig

« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 03:15:05 pm by Nibbler »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Public folder upload problem
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2006, 10:37:20 pm »

dcphotos

• Coppermine newbie
  • Howdy from Texas
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2006, 02:13:43 am »

What Gau Gau is (not) asking you to do is:
"When asking for support on the coppermine forum, post a link to your site and a test user account (the test user mustn't be in the admin group!) with upload privileges, with the above mentioned settings in place - this way, supporters can see the error messages as well. Do not post debug_output unless requested."

It would really good KARMA for him to just post that reply instead AND it would be good for you too had you done that.
Good Luck,
Don

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2006, 07:07:55 am »

No, that's not all. It's mandatory to do exactly as suggested in the upload troubleshooting guide, i.e. perform the other steps mentioned as well. But yes, in the end you have to post a link and test user account. However, if I posted only that, the settings mentioned wouldn't be in place.
It would really be good karma if people read the docs or the board sticky before posting questions, because that's what everyone agreed to do when joining the forum.

craig091

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2006, 09:05:42 pm »

Removed debug info, I did bad  :(

Thank you very much
Craig
« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 02:20:06 pm by craig091 »

craig091

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2006, 09:13:27 pm »

Oh by the way, this message only appears to users but not admin. It's fine in admin mode.

craig091

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2006, 11:35:48 pm »

The problem only appears when bridging is enabled. Any ideas?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 11:50:00 pm by craig091 »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2006, 06:38:28 am »

Do exactly as suggested in http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#upload_trouble
It doesn't ask for the debug_output there at all. In fact it says that you mustn't post debug_output. Re-read and do what it says. Pay particular attention to the stuff highlighted in red.

craig091

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2006, 02:17:26 pm »

Then try to upload (using http uploads, even if you experienced troubles using another upload method) - I have uploaded a file with the HTTP method using the single form available.

you should get a more detailed error message that tells you what exactly goes wrong with your uploads. Indeed I do get a slightly more detailed error message. This extra information added to "The selected album/file does not exist !" that wasn't there before now says "File:/home/include/functions.inc.php - Line: 1316"

If the error message doesn't mean anything to you.. No it doesn't

search the support board for the error message you get. I have browsed both the cpg1.4 upload section for a solution to this specific problem but did not find one. I have used the search tool but nothing is returned. I have also read the threads on bridging hoping something there may show up clues but I can't find anything

What else should I do?

Nibbler

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2006, 02:26:51 pm »

Post a link and test user account. That's the 5th time of asking. This issue has been raised before and I don't think a solution was found.

craig091

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2006, 03:13:05 pm »

Twice before back to back before I read either of them and I already stated that it's an "adult based site" and that I don't want to publically post that information here. I don't see it necessary as I've provide the information, I'm not lying to you - honest!

It is the first time I have used this forum, I did read the documentation before joining this forum to ask for some help, I am not a person who readily asks for help from anyone and I try hard to resolve problems myself, something I will have to continue to try to resolve alone.

Wow, this board is so unfriendly and anal comparred to other support forums. Bare in mind that posts made here are made my imperfect people, just like you, from all walks of life and backgrounds who don't do everything to a T all the time. While reading through posts I regularly see you jumping all over newbies here. I understand it may be frustrating when people don't even try to resolve things for themselves and expect someone else to, but that isn't always the case. You can clearly see I have followed the steps documented, except post a link. I've refined the problem myself to it being caused by the bridging to SMF and I've provided the same information that you would see if you were to use the system as a user. "Oh yes, it is showing that message when I upload and that's what he said in the post".  Well if it's something you've come up against before and couldn't resolve then I came to the wrong place (who'd have thought it).

Nevermind replying, I won't ever be back to read it.

Nibbler

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2006, 03:21:58 pm »

Just trying to help. Nowhere in this thread have you explained that it is an adult website. We support users of adult websites, it is to be expected that image gallery software will be used for such purposes. Just explain that this is the case. As it is an unresolved issue we want to get it resolved as much as (maybe even more than) you do. We can only do that if you provide more information to help us.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2006, 04:28:51 pm »

I can see you read the docs before posting, that's why you did everything oppossed to what you were suppossed to. To look better in the eyes of others, you edited your postings here after our replies, modifying them to actually comply to board rules, so the subsequent replies look silly and rude.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 19 queries.