Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upgrade problems  (Read 4630 times)

Mulholland

• Coppermine newbie
Upgrade problems
« on: July 26, 2006, 10:32:26 am »

I am unable to successfully setup a new server.  I have been trying for hours.  I am usually good at these things.  I think my problem is the export of the old data.  I have over a 1000 pix and 8 galleries but the DB file I export is only 40K.  I can see the links to the pix in there and there are a lot missing.  I have tried exporting the data many different ways and it is always 40k. (using phpadmin on a godaddy server) The site that I am exporting from is still working fine.  Both sites are 1.4.8 although the DB tables say 1.4.3.  The new site comes up but I can't login in, looks different, no thumbnails at all.  Just the file names as titles show.

PLEASE any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bill

Nibbler

Re: Upgrade problems
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2006, 02:56:51 pm »

Take a look at the exported data and see what it is. Links are nice too.

Mulholland

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2006, 05:10:04 pm »

Good site:

bad site: 

DB txt:

You help is MUCH appreciated.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 04:39:05 am by Mulholland »

Abbas Ali

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
  • Spread the PHP Web
    • Ranium Systems
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2006, 05:53:32 pm »

Try exporting the data in gzip format (though i doubt it will do any good)
Chief Geek at Ranium Systems

Nibbler

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2006, 05:53:50 pm »

Did you move the actual pics across too?

Mulholland

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2006, 06:03:11 pm »

I have these format choices for export:  LaTeX, Microsoft Excel 2000, Microsoft Word 2000, CSV for MS Excel & CSV

But only SQL for import, so that is what i have been using.

All the pix are moved over, same folder structure relative to albums.  I cannot login to new site, my user name & pw which work on the old good site does not work.  Is that data stored in the DB?

Bottom line is this Q... Should there be 1 line of text in the DB for every pic??  If so, than I still think the export process is what is failing.  Here is my export screen:   

Should my tables start with 1.4.3??

Thanks again...
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 04:39:28 am by Mulholland »

Nibbler

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2006, 06:09:41 pm »

gzip is an option further down the page, rest of the page is normal.

Your admin account works fine for me, make sure you entered the details correctly.

Tables are called whatever you named them when you installed Coppermine, they won't change.

The files are not displayed since they are not there, you have only uploaded 'BillsPix' and 'MomsPix', not for example 'Genealogical'

Mulholland

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2006, 06:19:22 pm »

>gzip is an option further down the page, rest of the page is normal.
Bill> So should I try this?

>Your admin account works fine for me, make sure you entered the details correctly.
Bill>  How do you know that?  What is the pw for admin?

>Tables are called whatever you named them when you installed Coppermine, they won't change.
Bill> Thanks.

>The files are not displayed since they are not there, you have only uploaded 'BillsPix' and 'MomsPix', not for example 'Genealogical'
Bill>  ALL files are move over.  Checked it down to the byte.  The genealogy folder is under BillsPix.  Also why does it look different?  Why does my user & pw not work?  Why no icons?  I got bigger probs than some missing files.

Thx again, I really need a solution.

Can I PLEASE have an answer to this question:
Is there SUPPOSED to be a line of text in the DB for EVERY pic in the gallery????

Nibbler

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2006, 06:27:37 pm »

I was just explaining Abbas' suggestion, it should make no difference. I deliberately didn't ask you to post your dump file since it contains your admin account details. Since you did, and your password is so trivial I may as well make use of it. Your question makes no sense which is why it is going unanswered. If you mean the cpg143_pictures table in the database then yes. If you are refering to something in the screenshot then no, that is just the name of your database.

All your files are not moved over, I can tell that just by looking at them.

http://www.critient.com/coppermine/albums/Genealogical/thumb_Ken___Sharon___Liz_Meier.JPG

That file is not there - you didn't upload it to the same location as before so it can't be displayed.

It looks different because you are using a different theme, once you login as admin you can select the same theme you were using before.
Your admin account is fine.
Icons (I assume you mean thumbnails) are missing because they are not on the server, as I have explained.

Abbas Ali

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
  • Spread the PHP Web
    • Ranium Systems
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2006, 06:33:51 pm »

And in case you are using wrong username/password for your admin account...I have just sent you a PM with the correct username and password for the admin account which works for me as well.

Mulholland

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2006, 07:08:57 pm »

I really appreciate the help...but this is frustrating.

When I look in the text file (the .SQL file) that I export from the working install I SHOULD see a line for every pic??  Than AGAIN that IS the problem.  That DB should have over a 1000 links to different pix.  This should be the case way before I even start to setup the new server right??  There are ony 58 files in the new DB and over a 1000 in the old.  Even if I did not move all the files over (which I DID) shouldn't I have >900 broken links in the new install???

>>All your files are not moved over, I can tell that just by looking at them.
>>http://

The path above is not in the old or new install...I finally found where your getting that from but I PROMISE that is NOT the structure on the working server.  Furthermore I can't even FIND that pic on the working server. My genealogical folder again is under billspix in the old & new install..  Wanna see?  This link from the new server doesn't work either!
http://

Show me one link that does work on the wm60 working server and does not on the critient server and I will believe I didn't move something....

I really appreciate all your efforts.  I am CONVINCED that the problem is that all of the orig data is NOT getting exported. Let's make my main Q simple...How big should a exported .SQL file with 8 galleries & about 1100 pix (most in 3 sizes) be?  Is 40k WAAAAY too small?  If so...this is where we need to concentrate.  Thx. - Bill
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 04:40:00 am by Mulholland »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2006, 07:12:29 pm »

Both sites are 1.4.8
Thread not related to upgrading then. Moving accordingly. Thread subject has not been chosen wisely. You're moving, not upgrading.

Nibbler

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2006, 07:13:13 pm »

I think you are exporting the wrong database. Check the details in include/config.inc.php and compare them to the database you are exporting.

Abbas Ali

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
  • Spread the PHP Web
    • Ranium Systems
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2006, 07:22:36 pm »

And from the fact that the username and pass in the sql file works on new server but does not work on old server increases the chances that you are exporting the wrong database...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.