Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Option to put linked files at the end of an album  (Read 5860 times)

amiyuy

• Coppermine newbie
    • K.Y.O. Cosplay gallery
Option to put linked files at the end of an album
« on: July 24, 2006, 03:17:06 am »

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=32748

Give the option to have all linked files in an album display at the end of the album instead of intermixed with all of the other images, at least when the "Position Descending" or "Position Acending" options are chosen.

See the linked thread for an example and discussion.

EDIT: Pastes from the original thread-
What I want:
PJ friends is a linked file.
(http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y160/amiyuy01/other/thumbnailorder-want.jpg)

What I have:
(http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y160/amiyuy01/other/thumbnailorder-have.jpg)

Perhaps this could become a feature in a future version where you could choose (either globally and/or individually per-album), if the "Position ___" option is chosen, where to put linked files within an album (beginning, end, mixed)  and probably have a similar message to that which is on the "Sort my pictures" page:
The custom sort order you can specify on this page will only be taken into account if:
     * the admin has set the "Default sort order for files" in the config to "Position descending" or "Position ascending" (global setting for all users who haven't chosen another sort option individually)
     * the user has chosen "Position descending" or "Position ascending" on the thumbail page (per user setting)

« Last Edit: July 25, 2006, 02:19:47 pm by Paver »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Option to put linked files at the end of an album
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2006, 11:06:39 am »

Any particular reason for starting a new thread if all it contains is reference to another thread? Make the thread to stand on its own: describe your issue in this thread.

amiyuy

• Coppermine newbie
    • K.Y.O. Cosplay gallery
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2006, 05:42:49 pm »

Any particular reason for starting a new thread if all it contains is reference to another thread? Make the thread to stand on its own: describe your issue in this thread.
I started a new thread because the other was in a help area and I was told to suggest it over here, so I did.  I did describe the issue in this thread, just not in great detail.  All I know is that it can be done and I was told to suggest it over here, I know nothing about the code involved, hence the link to the discussion where Paver explained what was happening and why.  But fine, I'll edit my original post.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 05:48:01 pm by amiyuy »

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2006, 02:19:31 pm »

You should avoid making large changes to posts.  Only use the edit feature for typos or for removing sensitive links or data.  You should have instead added on your detailed feature request to the end of the thread, although in this case, I mostly agree with you that the linked support thread was sufficient for the detailed information since the brief feature request you gave described the actual feature requested and didn't deal with the support implications for fixing the behavior in the current code.

In any case, please be careful about editting posts in the future.

I'll mark this thread as "valid" since - in my mind - the current position sorting for albums with linked files is confusing - using the position field doesn't make sense across AIDs.  Either position sorting should be disabled for albums with linked files (not desirable) or some better implementation like you request should be done. 

Remember that this thread on the feature requests board is not for "support".  It is merely for discussion about the requested feature implementation.  Use the support thread linked for support requests.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 19 queries.