Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: a small challenge for the tech.people here  (Read 2467 times)

btenbroeke

• Coppermine newbie
a small challenge for the tech.people here
« on: July 24, 2006, 01:22:48 am »

Ok..

i have a small question, which is the following
i'm one of the technical moderators on a site for a while.. now, a question has been brought up about coppermine and i'm curious if this is possible since i couldn't find it.

here's the point:
I know that you can give certain rights to a album so people who are not logged in, can't see the pictures... But.. now the admins of the site have a question if it is possible to make instead of setting the rights to an album.... just set rights to a picture so people who aren't logged in can't see certain pictures in an album.

otherweise we would have to make 2 albums, one with the pictures that unregistered people can see.. and one album with all the pictures that unregistered people can not see..  in our case.. being able to give rights to certain pictures is easier sollution but it isn't availlable as far as i can see.... does anybody have an idea how to solve it? ..

Nibbler

Re: a small challenge for the tech.people here
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2006, 01:26:48 am »

There is no mechanism to do this in Coppermine. It's possible but it would mean changing a lot of code I expect.

tibu

• Contributor
  • Coppermine regular visitor
    • Creative Foto Solutions
Re: a small challenge for the tech.people here
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2006, 06:18:27 pm »

A workaround, though not exactly what you are looking for:

Create 2 albums, one of which is only accessible to logged in users (registered or whatever group you designate), we'll call that album "A". Create album "B" that all users have access to and under album properties set a keyword, I'll call it "registered".

In album "A", the album that only registered users have access to, assign each photo the keyword "registered".

When a registered user logs in and views album "B" they will see all photos.
When a non-registered user views album "B" they will NOT see any photos with the keyword "registered" assigned to them.

For albums statistics, if you want the album details to indicate how many linked files (photos) are inside go to Config and under Album List View > "Show number of linked files" set it to = Yes.

Like I said, not exactly what you are looking for, but a workaround. One issue would be the order of pics will be more difficult to control. For info on that and a possible solution in the future, watch the following thread: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=32748.0
« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 07:07:46 pm by tibu »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 19 queries.