Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Fatal error"  (Read 5348 times)

athena

• Coppermine newbie
"Fatal error"
« on: July 21, 2006, 11:14:04 pm »

it is the first time that I use this version of coppermine, moreover I prefer version 1.3.5.
When I want to place myself this is said to me :

http://allison.busschaert.free.fr/fabio/galerie/login.php

why?

Thank you

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: "Fatal error"
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2006, 10:22:27 am »

mokhseinabd

• Coppermine newbie
    • eFreeOnline - Work At Home
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2006, 09:02:50 am »

I've just installed cpg 1.4.8 in my webhosting account server at Bravenet. My main url is http://efreeonline.net and I have installed cpg 1.4.8 into http://efreeonline.net/cpg148 directory.

I have gone through the http://efreeonline.net/cpg148/install.php stage and after filling in the required info, including the info for the mysql database (see attached image), went forward to a page which was blank except for the cpg image on the top of the page. I assumed that installation was a success. Furthermore the documentation says that :

"A database needs to be set up that Coppermine can use - the install script will not create a database for you, but it will automatically create the tables and data structure in your database for you." 

However when I went to this page to login : http://efreeonline.net/cpg148/login.php
I get this message, as follows :

Fatal error :

While executing query "SELECT * FROM cpg148_config" on 0

mySQL error: Table '923271730.cpg148_config' doesn't exist

What does it mean and what should I do to resolve this issue ?

Thanks...Mokhsein

« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 10:44:20 am by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2006, 10:45:42 am »

Screenshot removed, as it contains super-sensitive data. Never post that data publicly. Change all passwords in case someone read this before I did.
Any reason for hijacking this particular thread?

mokhseinabd

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2006, 10:54:14 am »

Thanks very much for the advice. Purely my ignorance about these things.

I have gone through the debug mode tutorial but have not been able to resolve my problem. Any assistance would be most appreciated.

Thanks...Mokhsein

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2006, 11:03:44 am »

Well, does the table exist? Does your mysql user have the permissions to create the tables during install?

mokhseinabd

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2006, 12:01:06 pm »

I do have a database, as I can see from the "database connection details" page from my webhost. See attached, I have removed all sensitive information.

When I go forward to the "Launch Database Editor" link I arrive at the page shown in the second attachment, again sensitive information hidden.

From the documentation I believed that as long as I have a database, that during installation all the necessary tables will be created by cpg...."the install script will not create a database for you, but it will automatically create the tables and data structure in your database for you." 

Thanks...Mokhsein

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2006, 03:49:53 pm »

The second screenshot (taken from phpMyAdmin) shows that you don't have tables inside that particular database. As I expected, your database user is probably lacking the permissions to create the tables. It doesn't help if you keep refering to our instructions that say coppermine installer is going to create the tables for you - we're aware of that, as we wrote the software. However, coppermine installer will only be capable to do that if the mysql user has the needed privileges. If it not, ask your webhost for support. We can't help you with stuff that is specific to your webhosting. To test if it's actually a mysql user permission issue, go to the screen where you took the second hardcopy. Click on the "sql" tab at the top, then click into the text input field and paste this in:
Code: [Select]
CREATE TABLE TEST_TABLE (
  name varchar(40) NOT NULL default '',
  value varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
  PRIMARY KEY  (name)
) TYPE=MyISAM;
Then submit the form and check if you then have a table named "TEST_TABLE" inside your database as a result. If you get an error message (or no table has been created), do as I suggested above and ask your webhost for support.

mokhseinabd

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2006, 03:29:07 am »

Thanks. I've done as proposed and the result is a "TEST_TABLE" has been created, and appears in the left frame. There was no error message. Nevertheless I will communicate with my webhosts to try and get to the root of the problem.

Thanks...Mokhsein
« Last Edit: July 25, 2006, 06:14:26 am by mokhseinabd »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.