Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Xp publish error  (Read 2833 times)

Surfer_D

• Coppermine newbie
Xp publish error
« on: July 21, 2006, 04:29:57 pm »

I've added all the correct settings in the registry

In xp publish I see the gallery
I logged in the coopermine as admin before using xp publish
I see the albums, I select the pictures but at the end where it should say completed xp publish reports a general error. Unable to upload no usefull error message

Did I forget anything I also checked the permissions in album and they are 777

Please help

THANS

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

Surfer_D

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Xp publish error
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2006, 10:56:45 am »

Hi GauGau

I read the whole documentation and I setted the max upload pic. to 1 and 0 to link. I used fixed setting in the group menu.
I get no error when using http upload after this, but the xp upload still doesn't work. I logon as admin forst in the gallery and in the xp publish I see the albums I have in the coppermine. Also the progress bar for uploading pictures works for the first picture, but after this there is a memo that upload is not possible. That's it no real error message from xp publish.

Can you help me some more please!

Thanks

http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#upload_trouble

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Xp publish error
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2006, 11:18:16 pm »

From the docs (important part highlighted):
4.11.4 Upload troubleshooting

If you are experiencing issues with coppermine's upload process, temporarily change your coppermine settings as suggested below to get more detailed error messages:

* Go to your coppermine page and log in as admin
    * Go to the config screen
    * Scroll to the bottom of the page
    * Expand the "Maintenance settings" section by clicking on it
    * Enable debug mode for everyone
    * Leave display of notices switched off
    * Save the new settings by clicking on "Save new configuration"
    * Go to the "groups" panel
    * Set the upload form configuration for all groups to "Single file uploads only" (set File upload boxes to "1", URI upload boxes to "0" and No. of boxes to "fixed")
    * Save your new settings

Then try to upload (using http uploads, even if you experienced troubles using another upload method) - you should get a more detailed error message that tells you what exactly goes wrong with your uploads. If the error message doesn't mean anything to you, search the support board for the error message you get.
When asking for support on the coppermine forum, post a link to your site and a test user account (the test user mustn't be in the admin group!) with upload privileges, with the above mentioned settings in place - this way, supporters can see the error messages as well. Do not post debug_output unless requested.

When people have issues with uploading and decide to post their question on the Coppermine support board, they usually are told to read this upload troubleshooting section. Many of them fail to do so properly, which results in frustration both for users as well as supporters. To make this absolutely clear: the above mentioned steps are absolutely mandatory, no matter what skill level you have, no matter what upload method you have troubles with. Failing to do exactly as suggested will result in your request for help being ignored. Yes, this applies to you. We mean it!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.