Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: upload and move picture from userpics to an album  (Read 2784 times)

digimic

• Coppermine novice
upload and move picture from userpics to an album
« on: July 21, 2006, 12:43:14 am »

hello, i'm new here,

i read this:
When you upload by html, using the 'upload' link, coppermine places the pic (and the thumb and normal size copies) in the 'userpics' directory.

when i want to move physically the picture uploaded in the good physical album , how can i do?
because i understand we can move to the good album but it's virtual. The picture uploaded stays in the "userpics" folder.

Nibbler

Re: upload and move picture from userpics to an album
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2006, 01:22:28 am »

Just leave the files alone. Their physical location is not important.

digimic

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2006, 01:26:40 am »

no it can be important if i have a lot of uploaded files and that the files don't belong all of the same album. Imagine someone uploading a picture i don't have on the local PC, it would be great if i can directly move this file physically to the coorect album and after recover the datas by FTP.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2006, 06:36:43 am »

It doesn't make a difference if you backup your files (using your FTP app) from the userpics folder or just another folder. Creating backups involves backing up everything within the albums folder.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2006, 08:01:12 pm by GauGau »

digimic

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2006, 10:47:05 am »

yes Gaugau but what i mean it's a pity not having directly the good tree in the album remote folder

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2006, 08:02:14 pm »

I can't see why you'd need one. The database keeps track of the files - the human doesn't have to. You (as admin) should use FTP-uploads plus batch-add anyway.

UK_CJ

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2006, 12:07:26 am »

I have a similar question, so I'll append it to this thread...

I currently have over 5,000 pics that I am uploading to my new Coppermine photo gallery. There will be an average of about 7 new photos a day, or about 60 a week. (250/mo, or about 3,000/yr.)

This directory is already difficult to work with, and I only have a thousand or so files in it. Decreasing the number of files in the directory (through the use of some sort of hierarchical directory structure) would make my job of administrating all these files much easier.

I am also concerned about the file system on my host's server. How many files can it efficiently keep track of in a single directory?  (Rhetorical question that neither you nor I can answer.)

Is there a plan to introduce some sort of hierarchy to the BatchUploads folder, or do you have a suggestion for another way for me to work with Coppermine that will prevent the BatchUpload screen from having to display several thousands of thumbnails at a time?

Thanks for the help!
- CJ

EDIT:  Oh hell...

I just found this thread ( http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=34038.0 ) which shows a technique for creating multiple batch upload folders. I expect this technique will address my concerns pretty well.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.