Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Remove 'Price structure' from File Info  (Read 10546 times)

Puffinstuff

• Coppermine newbie
Remove 'Price structure' from File Info
« on: July 20, 2006, 09:47:41 am »

Just upgrade to 1.4.8 and added PAypal hack.  All went well but ...

I now have "Price structure, use 1,2,3,4 or 5:" displayed in my File Info. (Which I would prefer if it was not there)

http://www.lumieres.com.au/gallery/displayimage.php?album=101&pos=16

I have searched everywhere within the site and cannot find this to comment it out.

My question is: Where is this so can I comment it out?

regards and thanks in adcance...
« Last Edit: July 20, 2006, 09:59:05 pm by GauGau »

Nibbler

Re: Remove 'Price structure' from File Info
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2006, 12:20:23 pm »

Support for mods is only available on the thread dealing with that mod. Please post there.

Puffinstuff

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2006, 01:41:33 pm »

Thanks Nibbler,

I originally went to the "Seling your Pictures" thread to find answer but unable to post there as mentioned in the post by 'About this board' (TranzNDance).

Any suggestion appreciated....

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2006, 09:58:53 pm »

You're not supposed to start a new thread there, but reply to the thread that deals with the mod you applied. Locking.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2006, 07:12:56 am »

You posted your question on two entirely different threads: Paypal shop hack, easy install, online admin as well as add a Paypal shopping basket to your gallery.. Decide on the one mod that you actually applied, don't clutter the boards by cross-posting on invalid boards. Unlocking this thread to give you the chance to reply here.

Puffinstuff

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2006, 08:09:56 am »

Thanks Gaugua,

sorry for the bother.  I originally went to the mods thread and read that all cannot post there.(In Q&A, says to post in other relevent place and moderators will move if needed).  So posted in miscellaneous as I thought it covered things not covered elsewhere (and if not appropraite, it would be moved)

Repost in Mods; after original posting in Mods, I noticed that the previous poster (eyeliner I think) had the last two questions which had not been answered in two months. So thought that thread was dead.  I was not able to delete my post.  Waited for the day and saw the other thread (the second post) was active as there were recent replies to other posters.  (was going to explain the double post but thought a bit too recessive)

I do try to find solutions by myself and search the forum (which I find invaluable).  I also do read the Q&A's etc to determine the forum etiquette and try to do the right thing.

I am no a coder, but try to nut things out. And only post after I have exhausted my attempts to remedy my problem.

I appolgise for any hassle that has been caused. Not my intention.

Regards

Puffinstuff

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2006, 09:07:06 am »

Look, those two threads represent different mods. You can only have one mod applied, not both of them simultaneously. Your reply belongs to the mod you applied, it's not an option to post in any thread that deals with PayPal. Post here which of the two threads you're actually trying to implement on your page - a moderator will then remove your other posting on the thread it doesn't belong to.

In Q&A, says to post in other relevent place and moderators will move if needed
That's not what it says, you need to read more thoroughly: it says that if you have written a genuine, new mod that you want to share with the community, you're suppossed to post on the support board - a moderator will then move your mod into the corresponding sub-board. You have not come up with a mod of you're own, but you simply request help for a particular mod. Regular users are not allowed to start new threads on the mods board because of people like you who fail to read the instructions properly - we don't want the mods board to get cluttered with mod requests, because it would become useless pretty soon, especially if people like you even fail to post what mod they're actually refering to. Doesn't need particular coding skills to understand this, but just common sense.

Just a handful of supporters get flooded each day with dozens of help requests - it's mandatory that users contribute at least by respecting board rules and common sense to keep this community effort usable. Your board vandalism is creating a huge effort, so I suggest you do exactly as suggested (read board rules and sticky threads up extra-carefully), then do as I suggested above. If you don't, you'll get ignored or even banned.

Sending PMs to supporters is another instance of beaking board rules, won't make me (or any other supporter) more willing to look into your issues >:(!

Joachim

Puffinstuff

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2006, 04:52:14 pm »

With all due respect

GauGau... (it really would have been easier moving my original post)

Not all CMG  users are up on the protocol of the forums. 

apart from the risk of getting negative karma, and for the effort put into this (by you and me) ........  I quote.... (and yes this is what it says...)

"Regular users are not able to post new threads to prevent this board from being cluttered by requests.

If you want to contribute and are unable to create a new thread here, please post your contribution in the support boards under the correct version. A mod/admin will move the thread if it is a valid contribution.)"

YES THAT IS WHAT IT SAYS! Q & A at the bottom of the ‘about this board – READ’ http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=14348.0

If that is not the case... change it!

If newbie, non Boffin types are not welcome to make a mistake in their posting...,...  let us know....  as many of us do contribute to the overall development of the this application!

A shame,…..  as I have always applauded the efforts of the developers of this and would never have thought that an innocent action as posting twice on a thread would have led to such a commotion…..

I  appologised in the previous post..what more do I need to do? 

LET IT GO! and lets get back to the main aim.... developing a better Coppermine.....

regards

Puffinstuff

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2006, 11:36:00 am »

"Regular users are not able to post new threads to prevent this board from being cluttered by requests.
Yeah, exactly - you are trying to clutter the board with a request. In fact, you cluttered to threads.

If you want to contribute and are unable to create a new thread here, please post your contribution in the support boards under the correct version. A mod/admin will move the thread if it is a valid contribution.)" [/b]
Exactly - but you were not going to contribute! Contribute means "submit new code", not "ask question".

Do as I suggested and tell us what mod you are refering to. If you can not do that, then shut up.

Puffinstuff

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2006, 12:46:42 pm »

Hello GauGau,

have I offended you in some way? Not sure why you need to be so agressive - maybe you are mis-interpreting my tone. (I have not disrespected anyone nor have I been rude to anyone)

As a newbie, (11 posts, over 6.5 hours of researching the forums, I cannot comprehend how or why this has excallated the way it has.)

I have appoligised for the mistake, lost 4 Karma points.  And I seem to be still getting grief over this from you - telling me to shut up.

Maybe I am missing the gravity of this whole issue and how it is being dragged out.

Anyway, in answer to your question, the hack I installed was: "shop-1-4-easy-install-online-admin-beta3."

No hard feeling on my end....  just feel a little duanted the treatment I am recieving in this instance.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2006, 04:11:46 pm »

This is the information needed in the first place. Actual thread is http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=26454.0
Editing your other posting on the unrelated thread accordingly. Stop meta-discussion abot karma. Locking.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 20 queries.