Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adding a video link  (Read 7788 times)

goodnight2

• Coppermine newbie
Adding a video link
« on: July 20, 2006, 09:02:23 am »

My Linux clients cannot use the ActiveX controls embedded in the video links.  How can I display a URL link that allows download of the video?  Ideally, it would be the 'Filename: Name' link that points to the actual video.

TIA
« Last Edit: July 21, 2006, 06:57:48 am by GauGau »

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project
Re: Adding a video link
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2006, 09:07:50 am »

‍I don't answer to PM with support question
Please post your issue to related board

Nibbler

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2006, 12:34:08 pm »

Coppermine doesn't embed ActiveX. Videos can play on linux if you have an appropriate browser plugin installed.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2006, 09:54:49 pm »

As a proof, try browsing your gallery with Firefox or Opera on a Windows client: those two browsers don't support ActiveX, yet they show the embedded video.

goodnight2

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2006, 04:49:06 am »

As a proof, try browsing your gallery with Firefox or Opera on a Windows client: those two browsers don't support ActiveX, yet they show the embedded video.

True, but the underlying operating system does understand ActiveX references, which is why it works with Firefox on Windows without an additional plugin.

goodnight2

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2006, 04:52:25 am »

Thanks for the link.  That did help.  I also found this link that explained how to make the filename a link:
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=6464.20

When I make these changes, I can download the video, but the filename is always download.php.  Is there any way in PHP, presumably in download.php, to tell it to pass the filename to the client?

Thanks for helping a n00b.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2006, 06:57:35 am »

True, but the underlying operating system does understand ActiveX references, which is why it works with Firefox on Windows without an additional plugin.
That's just plain wrong. Don't draw false conclusions. As Nibbler already told you: Coppermine doesn't use ActiveX controls. Viewing videos embedded in Coppermine pages displays just fine for me on my Linux test box (Ubuntu). We know our app better - a major part of the Coppermine dev team doesn't even have Windows available - they develop using Linux exclusively. I guess you tried viewing proprietary Windows video formats like .wmv. Think again.

webmalone

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2006, 07:57:14 am »

This is something I've been looking to do as well and finally pieced together several suggestions from the forum.  The only problem I have with this solution is that the link is down stairs in the Information area, and not prominent above my Intermediate pic.  I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction on how to move this link up into the toolbar in 1.4.8.  Otherwise this is working great and has made my family and friends happy.

In displayimage.php

1)

after line 170:

$info[$lang_picinfo['URL']] = '<a href="' . $CONFIG["ecards_more_pic_target"] . (substr($CONFIG["ecards_more_pic_target"], -1) == '/' ? '' : '/') .basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']) . "?pos=-$CURRENT_PIC_DATA[pid]" . '" >' . $CONFIG["ecards_more_pic_target"] . (substr($CONFIG["ecards_more_pic_target"], -1) == '/' ? '' : '/') . basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']) . "?pos=-$CURRENT_PIC_DATA[pid]" . '</a>';

Added:

$info[$lang_picinfo['Download']] = '<a href="' . $CONFIG["ecards_more_pic_target"] . $path_to_pic . '" target="blank">To Download File ... Right Click this Link -> then select "Save Target As" (IE) or "Save Link As" (Firefox)</a>';

2)

lang/english.php:  I added 'Download' to this array:

$lang_picinfo = array(

'URL' => 'URL for Sharing', //cpg1.4
  'Download' => 'Downloading',

Most of my users are family, so I have to spell it out for them, as you can see above ... easy to change though.

Goodluck,
Mateo

goodnight2

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2006, 06:31:32 am »

That worked flawlessly.  Thanks for the tip!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 20 queries.