Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Installed the sample plug in 1 with serious consequences "Gallery down"  (Read 6782 times)

silverstreak1955

• Coppermine novice

http://globalphotosite.co.uk/gallery/index.php?PHPSESSID=73b9c6825d679c45373be497184e0886

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /gallery/index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Any fix appreciated

Chris
« Last Edit: July 20, 2006, 09:08:37 pm by GauGau »

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project

- you can disable any plugin manualy by phpmyadmin  , you should delete it from xxx_plugins table
all of your php files fail !?
create a simple php file and upload it under coppermine root and check it
‍I don't answer to PM with support question
Please post your issue to related board

silverstreak1955

• Coppermine novice

all php files fail

The sample plugin has been removed

"create a simple php file and upload it under coppermine root and check it"
Sorry I am not really skilled at "php"

Which php file? name!

Thanks for your help.

Chris
« Last Edit: July 20, 2006, 07:52:45 am by silverstreak1955 »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

I guess you didn't apply the sample plugin, but the sef_url plugin. Do as bmossavari suggested and remove the database entry (do not delete the whole table). Remove the .htaccess file the plugin has created in the root folder of your gallery.
In the future, don't enable plugins if you haven't read the docs yet.

silverstreak1955

• Coppermine novice

"don't enable plugins if you haven't read the docs yet."

kindly READ my question, I read your DOCS and thought it SAFE to try the SAMPLE PLUG IN!

SAMPLE PLUGIN 1! REMOVED!

Nothing to do with SEF
no reference to SEF in the database

Is that clear!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

Sorry for bothering to try to be helpful. Won't happen again, I'll ignore your questions from now on.

silverstreak1955

• Coppermine novice

TRY READING whats STATED! or Childish Good GRIEF your an ADMIN

"don't enable plugins if you haven't read the docs yet." DOCS read!

That would be helpfull instead of being sarcastic if I had meant SEF I would have stated SEF

"Sorry for bothering to try to be helpful. Won't happen again, I'll ignore your questions from now on."

I asked a very straight forward question nothing to so with SEF! Its the result of trying the coppermine sample plug in file!

« Last Edit: July 20, 2006, 08:33:04 am by silverstreak1955 »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

Is that clear!
I read what you said. You're not my drill seargeant, and it's my choice if I want to give support or not. Review your attitude: it's you who is asking for help, not us. Shouting is not a good idea neither. All I said is that you can't expect help from me, but maybe someone else is willing to help you. If you're trying to start a flame war, go ahead - let's see how far you can get with it.

Over and out.

Joachim

silverstreak1955

• Coppermine novice

"I guess you didn't apply the sample plugin, but the sef_url plugin!

Sorry that was not my intention, and I have no idea why you are insisting I have installed SEF! or not read the corresponding plug in documentation.

Flame wars?

I am photographic community ADMIN aged 50, who simply wanted to get a fix for making the error of "installing your sample plug in"

I have shouted as I think you are well out of order, and it might be a good idea to delete the smaple plug in if that is the result of using it.

.htaccess removed, JOB done site back online
Thanks for that piece of information, very much appreciated and thats all you really need to have stated.

Not impressed with your people skills

Review your attitude: Yes I think you should!

Chris

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

The sample plugin does not set a .htacces file. All it does is output some text on every gallery page. It's impossible that the sample plugin breaks your page the way your described, that's why I suspected that you had the sef_url plugin enabled by accident. The fact that removing the .htaccess file fixed your issue clearly shows that you did have the SEF_URL plugin enabled (it's disabled by default).
Yet you still insist that it wasn't the sef_url plugin but the sample plugin - you seem to know Coppermine better than we do. Even when resolving your thread you don't have the guts to confess that you were wrong in the first place.
I'm not replying to lecture you on board rules, as you seem to be immune against advice. Instead, I just replied for the benefit of others who might have similar issues and might come across this thread in the future: it's not the sample plugin that is responsible for issues as described earlier in this thread. Instead, this is symptomatic for the sef_url plugin.

qwerty3

• Coppermine newbie

You have all my sympathy in your comments, silverstreak1955. That´s all.

Nibbler

Locking.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 20 queries.