Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A content filter system?  (Read 4837 times)

Nalif

• Coppermine newbie
A content filter system?
« on: July 18, 2006, 10:12:06 am »

I use coppermine to give my users public galleries to upload their images to so that they can share them with the community - that being said, occassionaly I will have a user upload an image that not everyone agrees with. Said image may be controversial, may contain violence and or nudity, etc etc.

I realize one of the solutions to this is to setup a private gallery that not everyone can view - however, when you start getting a larger community, it's a hastle to have to manually set everyone's permisisons, etc etc.

It would be nice to have a plugin that would allow an image to have a tag associated with it - A tag the admin can label "Nudity", "Violence", "Controversial", or whatever the admin would like. Just something to tag the image. Upon uploading an image, the user would see a radio button with said label which they could then check if their image fits the bill.

It would be nice to give the admin options for the tag - for instance, if the admin would like to allow sexual content, give an option to limit all images with the associated tag to users who registered with a date that puts them over 18. Users should have the option to allow or dissallow the viewing of tagged images within their prefrences, so that way even if they're above the age, and they don't wish to see nudity/violence/"insert custom tag here", they don't have to.

Basically I'm just looking for something that allows me to manage a potentially largish community's content better than hunting down offensive content, removing said content to a private gallery, changing offending user's permissions, and sending him an e-mail that says "This content must be posted in this gallery which you have only just now been given permission to post to, because unfortunately I have no way of letting users easily know that adult content can exist here, but only before messaging me to get permission." over and over again. And please take notice that this isn't an "adult" website per say - It's just that not everyone agrees with what the other people post, and I can understand where they're coming from, and I agree with them. But these images should have a place, and as an admin I currently find giving this art it's "place" a bit difficult.

Now that I have it all spelled out, it does sound a lot more complex than I had previously thought....Does something like this exist? If not, would adding it to a feature request be too much to ask?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: A content filter system?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2006, 03:22:32 pm »

Very complex indeed. Untill the code fairy comes along and creates your plugin I suggest using the upload approval feature as a basic method to avoid legal issues or heated discussions over pics uploaded.

donnoman

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From donovanbray.com
    • Donovan Bray
Re: A content filter system?
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2006, 08:44:20 pm »

you might be able to create albums that are not publicly viewable, but can be uploaded to by members.

Have the members who are uploading this content use the keywords field to flag these.

then create public albums that have the keyword.

Such that the album that actually holds the picture isn't viewable to the public. But that the picture will be shown in an appropriate album via the keyword.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.