Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PLEASE HELP!! Annonomous Upload???  (Read 8268 times)

happystinky

• Coppermine newbie
PLEASE HELP!! Annonomous Upload???
« on: January 27, 2004, 03:32:17 am »

Hi,

I use Coppermine on a family gallery and to make things simple for computer illiterate fam members I would like to allow annonomous users the ability to upload pics to pre-existing albums.  

Is this possible?

At current, you must be logged on as a user to upload pics.  I would rather just allow anyone priveleges to do this...

Any input greatly appreciated.  Seriously, the gallery has been up for like a year now and no one but myself has loaded any pics.  I think it is because it is just too complicated for some people.  I would just like them to be able to hit "Upload Pic" and be able to upload without having to go through a process of signing up as a user...

Anyway, please help.  Searched the forums and didn't see anything about this...

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
PLEASE HELP!! Annonomous Upload???
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2004, 07:46:02 am »

when logged in as admin, go to "groups" and edit the group "guests" (those who aren't logged in). Set "Can upload pictures" to "yes".
You'll also have to edit the properties of the albums they should be allowed to upload to: click "properties" next to the album thumbnail and set "Visitors can upload pictures" to "yes".
To find out more, read the documentation that comes with coppermine...
Be advised that this can be a tricky setup: some fools who find out about your page might spam your gallery with silly pics if you allow anonymous uploads.

GauGau
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 18 queries.