Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Custom thumbnail problem  (Read 2530 times)

phpbbguy

• Coppermine novice
Custom thumbnail problem
« on: July 17, 2006, 04:47:08 am »

so am using the custom thumbnail to create thumbnails for videos, because its kinda looks funny when you see only for example the flash file thumbnail throughtout your gallery.

It worked for some of the files but not for others. it does not replace the pic and i noticed it didn't store it in the same place as the orginal file. so my question is?

1. can i just ftp upload a 'thumb_filename' file to the right location?(although it says 'noftp uploads to this folder')

2.there is a bunch of folders in the albulm directory, how can i upload a thumbnail to the same folder as the file ,using the normal upload process.

Things already done

the flash videos where uploaded first before the thumbnail
the picture thumbnail was named the same file name as the file in .jpg,.gif.,or .png format.(like stated in the documentation)

There should be like some modification in future development where a thumbnail is automatically created for a videos by taking a screenshot midway into the video or somewere in the video instead of the default .swf,.mpeg picture thumbnails. am trying to figure out a way to do this, i know it can be done.

thank you.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Custom thumbnail problem
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2006, 07:24:57 am »

1. can i just ftp upload a 'thumb_filename' file to the right location?(although it says 'noftp uploads to this folder')
That's what you're suppossed to do. In the case of custom thumbnails, it's safe to ignore the "no FTP uploads into this folder" reminder. Actually, the reminder is there because you (as admin) are suppossed to use FTP-upload plus batch add (oppossed to http uploads) at all times. Please refer to the docs.

phpbbguy

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2006, 07:34:24 am »

thanks.

what about the "automatic video thumbnail with option of default thumbnail -modification add-on" this should be considered for future development. well if people by the idea.
bye.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2006, 07:42:26 am »

Has been asked before, so please search before posting questions in the future (you mustn't post more than one question/issue/suggestion per thread anyway): The image libraries that work with Coppermine (GD or ImageMagick) are not capable to extract images from video files, that's why Coppermine can not automatically create thumbnails from videos. The creators of those image libraries will definitely not add video support to their libraries - after all, there are thousands of video codecs (most of them not being open source or public domain), so even if they wanted to they wouldn't be able to accomplish this.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 20 queries.