Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: can somebody explain the %d parts in pics_on_page part  (Read 1950 times)

xplicit

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
can somebody explain the %d parts in pics_on_page part
« on: July 16, 2006, 07:48:48 pm »

Hi all!

I thought I understood coppermine perfectly and have codes several functions but there is just one part in the theme.inc.php I just canīt fully understand.

Itīs this part.

Code: [Select]
  if ($mode == 'thumb') {
        $theme_thumb_tab_tmpl['left_text'] = strtr($theme_thumb_tab_tmpl['left_text'], array('{LEFT_TEXT}' => $aid == 'lastalb' ? $lang_album_list['album_on_page'] : $lang_thumb_view['pic_on_page']));
        $theme_thumb_tab_tmpl['inactive_tab'] = strtr($theme_thumb_tab_tmpl['inactive_tab'], array('{LINK}' => 'thumbnails.php?album=' . $aid . $cat_link . $uid_link . '&page=%d'));
        $theme_thumb_tab_tmpl['inactive_next_tab'] = strtr($theme_thumb_tab_tmpl['inactive_next_tab'], array('{LINK}' => 'thumbnails.php?album=' . $aid . $cat_link . $uid_link . '&page=%d'));
        $theme_thumb_tab_tmpl['inactive_prev_tab'] = strtr($theme_thumb_tab_tmpl['inactive_prev_tab'], array('{LINK}' => 'thumbnails.php?album=' . $aid . $cat_link . $uid_link . '&page=%d'));
    } else {
        $theme_thumb_tab_tmpl['left_text'] = strtr($theme_thumb_tab_tmpl['left_text'], array('{LEFT_TEXT}' => $lang_thumb_view['user_on_page']));
        $theme_thumb_tab_tmpl['inactive_tab'] = strtr($theme_thumb_tab_tmpl['inactive_tab'], array('{LINK}' => 'index.php?cat=' . $cat . '&page=%d'));
        $theme_thumb_tab_tmpl['inactive_next_tab'] = strtr($theme_thumb_tab_tmpl['inactive_next_tab'], array('{LINK}' => 'index.php?cat=' . $cat . '&page=%d'));
        $theme_thumb_tab_tmpl['inactive_prev_tab'] = strtr($theme_thumb_tab_tmpl['inactive_prev_tab'], array('{LINK}' => 'index.php?cat=' . $cat . '&page=%d'));
    }

which uses

$lang_thumb_view = array(
 'pic_on_page' => '%d files ON %d page(s)',
 'user_on_page' => '%d users ON %d pages(s)',
);

But how and where are these %d and the other %d determined?  I played a bit with it but it seems I can not use these %d things in bolean equations... I wanted to determine if the %d of the pages was equal to 1 and than output page instead of page(s). I can put the %d things in variables but no matter what the number is it always sais the if statement is false and executes the else part all the time.. When I use them like this:

$theme_thumb_tab_tmpl = $template_tab_display;
 if ($mode == 'thumb') {
 $photopart = "%d";
 $pagespart = "%d";
 if ($pagespart == 1) {
  $pagespart = $pagespart." PAGE";
 } else {
  $pagespart = $pagespart." PAGES";
 }

What's up with these magic things?

Strangest part is that if I use the $pagespart and photopart is gives the numbers correctly... but it seems like these are not normal numbers since I cant compare with them...
« Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 06:52:27 am by GauGau »
Don't ask me: Can you do this .... or Give me that...or I need Quick help in PM's. I'm not Santaclaus so post your questions on the board so it will be in the benefit for everyone.

Nibbler

Re: can somebody explain the %d parts in pics_on_page part
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2006, 07:54:30 pm »

http://php.net/sprintf

You can't add new logic there, you need to add it where the string is actually evaluated.

xplicit

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
Re: can somebody explain the %d parts in pics_on_page part
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2006, 11:28:30 pm »

Ahh thanx!

And I was stupid... the answer was there all along just in the start of the function...

It now displays correctly 1 photo on 1 page or for instance 2 fotos on 5 pages :)

So topic can be closed.

To make this topic not completly useless I will post my piece of code.

Note that this is purely written to display photos and nothing else like movies, docs etc so I hardcoded it as photo

if ($mode == 'thumb') {

if ($nbThumb == 1) {
  $photopart = $nbThumb." PHOTO ON ";
 } else {
  $photopart = $nbThumb." PHOTOS ON ";
 }

if ($total_pages == 1) {
  $pagespart = $total_pages." PAGE";
 } else {
  $pagespart = $total_pages." PAGES";
 }

$theme_thumb_tab_tmpl['left_text'] = strtr($theme_thumb_tab_tmpl['left_text'], array('{LEFT_TEXT}' => $photopart.$pagespart));

etc.....

Similar thing can be codes for the usermgr with some adjustments and moving pieces of code
« Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 12:11:02 am by xplicit »
Don't ask me: Can you do this .... or Give me that...or I need Quick help in PM's. I'm not Santaclaus so post your questions on the board so it will be in the benefit for everyone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 19 queries.