Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fatal Error  (Read 3620 times)

bsvee

• Coppermine novice
    • gallery.svee.org
Fatal Error
« on: July 16, 2006, 12:21:32 am »

Fatal Error also describes my brain when I hit the "Update" button in Fantastico, as it destroyed my Coppermine. I had manually installed 1.4.2 previously and everything was fine. To fix this, I downloaded 1.4.8 and followed the update instructions to the letter as I had done many times before before but I'm still SOL. Update.php showed nothing but "OK" and "Already Done". When I go to my gallery I just get "Fatal Error". I've done the updoad, restore my two files, and update twice and I just can't fix it.

Any ideas where I can begin? The logs directory is empty except for a php. I don't even know how to diagnose this.

Barry
« Last Edit: July 16, 2006, 08:45:44 pm by GauGau »

Nibbler

Re: Fatal Error
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2006, 12:41:57 am »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2006, 12:04:33 pm »

Won't help you with your current situation, but as a reference for others: "The coppermine dev team does not recommend using fantastico nor other auto-installers. They are buggy and outdated". What the upgrade button in fantastico did was actually introducing a fantastico bug. Search this forum for "fantastico" - you'll discover that there are thousands of postings that report this. Please note that we alerted the fantastico team of the bug they introduced, but they never fixed it.

bsvee

• Coppermine novice
    • gallery.svee.org
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2006, 05:02:03 pm »

While I was asleep, the Coppermine fairy fixed the install and got my gallery back online. I’m serious, sort of. My ISP said that Fantastico was denied enough disk space to do the backups and all went to heck after that. He restored my database overnight and everything came back, followed by more than a dozen spam comments. I had tried rolling back to 1.4.2 yesterday, so I’m going to manually upgrade to 1.4.8 again. I expect everything to go well.

Thank you for the warning about Fantastico. I don’t think that I’ll ever be hitting that button again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.