Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RQ:Rating pictures?  (Read 1976 times)

BuLLy__BoY

• Coppermine novice
RQ:Rating pictures?
« on: July 13, 2006, 10:40:28 am »

When I rate a picture for the first time it goes on the first place at top rated... and takes the place of the pictures which are rated "for example 10 times" but one voice is with 4 stars...

I think this is very stupid :(

If someone understand me what I mean please wrire... Thanks in advance :D

Abbas Ali

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
  • Spread the PHP Web
    • Ranium Systems
Re: RQ:Rating pictures?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2006, 12:00:37 pm »

The top rated shows the pics in descending order of their average rating. So if you rate a photo 5 stars for the first time then its average rating becomes 5, which is the highest rating, and hence it comes at the top. This is the intended behavior.
Chief Geek at Ranium Systems

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: RQ:Rating pictures?
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2006, 06:43:44 am »

If you don't want to see pics that are rated just once to appear on top of the list, set Minimum number of votes for a file to appear in the 'top-rated' list to a higher number than one.

I think this is very stupid :(
If you think that this is stupid, come up with a suggestion for a better logic: how should the order of the toprated meta album be calculated in your opinion then?

[ot]You managed to get a very bad negative karma rating in no time, with only a few postings made. One reason may be your choice of words. Using words like "stupid" for core functionality of the app implies that you consider the developers to be stupid, which is a rude thing to say. I recommend reviewing your attitude and reading Board rules and the articles refered to in that thread for a start.[/ot]
« Last Edit: July 14, 2006, 06:49:23 am by GauGau »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.