Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: exif support with php  (Read 4998 times)

cudbee

• Coppermine newbie
exif support with php
« on: January 25, 2004, 04:08:28 pm »

i tried enabling exif support but it gave me an error message saying "PHP running on your server does not support reading EXIF data in JPEG files, please turn this off on the config page "

so i emailed my webhost if they could enable this feature in php and they replied "what module do you need"

i wouldnt have the slightest clue... which module do i need?

thanks

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
exif support with php
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2004, 05:07:24 pm »

you need the module you already have: gd, but it has to be compiled with exif support (your webhost should know this).
As a workaround, take a look at http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=1026 or wait for the next version of coppermine - it has exif support, no matter if your webhost has enabled it or not. If you can't wait, feel free to check out the current dev version (use at your own risk, no support, is beta software).

GauGau

ewi

• Coppermine newbie
Zipped download file for new beta available?
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2004, 06:13:52 pm »

Following the link "check out the current dev version" I was routed to the directory listing of the new beta. Is there one userfriendly download file available?

Thanks in advance

mrcrash

• Coppermine newbie
exif support with php
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2004, 07:48:42 pm »

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: parseolympus() in /home/planetk/public_html/mrcrash/e107/e107_plugins/coppermine_menu/include/exif.php on line 466

Can i just turn off this function? What does it do? i have a coppermine add on to my E107 site Link

Update:
It only does this with some of my Olympus pics, Screen shots and others work fine. :?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
exif support with php
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2004, 09:28:24 am »

Quote from: "mrcrash"
Can i just turn off this function? What does it do
sure, disable the exif option in the coppermine config screen.

It's a pity - most camera manufacturers have their own ideas on exif, so instead of being a standard it's most often a place they put information into that is read by their software on the client.

Quote from: "ewi"
Following the link "check out the current dev version" I was routed to the directory listing of the new beta. Is there one userfriendly download file available?
no, if we packaged it up, most newbies would go for the dev version and start support questions on it (some features in the dev version are being worked on and don't "behave" yet.). If you're familiar with cvs, you can do an anonymous check out with cvs software (for example "Tortoise CVS"), but setting this up once isn't childs play. Refer to the CVS link on the sf.net project page if you want to give it a try though.

GauGau

mrcrash

• Coppermine newbie
exif support with php
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2004, 05:41:11 pm »

Wow, I look every where but the config page  :oops:  anyway thanks, your support is as outstanding as you application !!  8)  :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.