Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: White screen instead of high-resolution image in Firefox  (Read 14739 times)

dziejo

• Coppermine newbie
White screen instead of high-resolution image in Firefox
« on: July 12, 2006, 03:28:43 pm »

Hello,

I work with my Coppermine mainly with Safari on Mac. Everything works fine. But when I use Firefox, I found strange bug. Displaing of some images in the high resolution is imposible - I see just white screen and no photo i pop up window. Same images in Safari display ok.
Why?  ???
« Last Edit: July 13, 2006, 01:32:28 pm by GauGau »

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project
Re: White screen instead of high-resolution image in Firefox
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2006, 03:57:23 pm »

It could be a bug on mac version of Firefox!
‍I don't answer to PM with support question
Please post your issue to related board

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2006, 06:15:15 am »

could be, but could be something else as well. Hard to tell, as none of the devs is using a mac. Haven't heard of this before, you're the first one to report this issue, so I'm not sure that it's a browser issue. However, we won't be able to figure out if you don't post a link to your coppermine-driven gallery.

dziejo

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2006, 12:45:57 pm »

Thanks for all answers. Unfortunately I' m not able to give you a link, because my gallery works only in lan, behind firewall with no connection to internet.

dziejo

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2007, 09:54:26 pm »

Let' s look at this one image: http://do.id.uw.edu.pl/~a_kondratczyk/cms/auto/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pos=0
I can' t see it in highres in my Firefox2 on PC either on Explorer7. On Safari (PC and MAC) everything works fine. It' s very strange. Isn' t it? I found this problem with other images. What' s the problem? ???

Nibbler

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2007, 10:56:45 pm »

Most browsers don't support CMYK, don't use it on the web.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2007, 07:01:08 am »

Permanent link would be http://do.id.uw.edu.pl/~a_kondratczyk/cms/auto/displayimage.php?pos=-254

You're using the outdated and unsupported version cpg1.3.5. That's why your thread was moved here and tagged as "closed". It's not a bright idea to start your gallery with an ancient version. It's mandatory to upgrade to the most recent version.

As Nibbler suggested: don't use pics using CMYK (meant for printing purposes only). Use RGB instead (suitable for use on the web).

dziejo

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2007, 02:01:20 pm »

Thanks for info.
I' m aware that I use old version of the Coppermine but problem appears also in 1.4.5 version, so it' s not a version issue.
So if I want to archive highres photos in cmyk format in Coppermine, I must use Safari browser.....
Is it possible to fix that problem on the software level (Coppermine)?
My proposition is to put a link to download highres image in the popup window with it. Then, if I can' t do save as... because I can' t see an image, I will be able to download it by clicking a link.
Maybe it can work?

Best regards,
Dziejo

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2007, 06:45:41 pm »

I' m aware that I use old version of the Coppermine but problem appears also in 1.4.5 version
Anyway: no support at all means no support. Locking.

So if I want to archive highres photos in cmyk format in Coppermine, I must use Safari browser.....
Don't use CMYK at all on the web!

Is it possible to fix that problem on the software level (Coppermine)?
No - coppermine accepts your CMYK image. It's a browser issue. As suggested: CMYK isn't suitable for use on the web. Coppermine is not an archiving software. If you need an archive, use a desktop app.
If you must store CMYK pics, zip them first - this way, people will be able to download your CMYK pic.

Not a coppermine issue at all.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 19 queries.