Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using Coppermine to develop a Picturetrail like site?  (Read 5431 times)

ejoech

• Coppermine newbie
Using Coppermine to develop a Picturetrail like site?
« on: January 26, 2004, 05:19:47 pm »

A lot of my friends use http://www.picturetrail.com to setup their own private photo albums to show whomever.  

When they register, they simply upload the pictures, and are given a URL to their own site which can contain multiple albums if they wish.  Picturetrail has limits on how many pictures you can have before they start to charge you, and it also has adds.  It's also ugly to boot.  So, I wanted to create my own picture trail type of service..The only free script that I've found that can maybe do this is Coppermine.  I don't want any of the forum features that I keep seeing...

If anyone has ever done this before, or has any ideas, please let me know.  Thanks.

hyperion

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • - retired -
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2004, 06:59:58 am »

What do you mean by forum features?
"Then, Fletch," that bright creature said to him, and the voice was very kind, "let's begin with level flight . . . ."

-Richard Bach, Jonathan Livingston Seagull

(https://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mozilla.org%2Fproducts%2Ffirefox%2Fbuttons%2Fgetfirefox_small.png&hash=9f6d645801cbc882a52f0ee76cfeda02625fc537)

ejoech

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2004, 07:52:16 pm »

It seems like Coppermine is integrated into a forum too much...I don't know - i'd like to get out of the forum part.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2004, 09:01:32 pm »

coppermine is a standalone application that doesn't have forum features at all - you can integrate it with an existing forum (bbs), but that's just an option. No harm done if you leave it "as-is". You can also remove user interaction: you can disable user galleries, registration, login, rating, comments etc - making coppermine just a "plain" picture gallery without any additional features.
Why don't you just test-install it and try for yourself?

GauGau
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.