Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Prevent downloading of pics - transparent gif overlay  (Read 158962 times)

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
Re: Prevent downloading of pics - transparent gif overlay
« Reply #60 on: March 27, 2007, 04:58:27 pm »

use the version for the modpack

cgc0202

• Coppermine frequent poster
« Reply #61 on: March 27, 2007, 07:41:52 pm »

Can you please elaborate what you mean by the aforementioned statement, Stramm. 

I used the latest Stramm modpack that was intended to be used for CPG 1.4.10 and I downloaded the "overlay.zip" and the "overlay.gif" from the downloads in the original post of this thread:

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=33782.0

There is a note in the aforementioned thread that states:

"the modpack version can be found here
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=32548.0"

but th title of the seconf link is:

"Modpack addition - prevent right click save as"

and the downloadable stuff there are the "overlay.gif"  and a "theme.zip"

Based on the title of the second thread, if I use the modified  "theme.php" does this prevent a "right click save as" also as well as "Prevent downloading of pics - transparent gif overlay"?

Many people do not like messing up with the "right click save as" feature, and I would be mad too, if someone did that -- so I do not want to include the  "prevent a "right click save as""

So, I am confused what exactly did you mean when you stated:

Please clarify.  Thanks.

Cornelio

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #62 on: March 27, 2007, 07:47:05 pm »

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=32548.0
that's the version for the modpack... I told you cause you posted in the overlay mod thread for 'unmodded' CPGs

prevent right click save as means... a not very experienced user will not be able to download the pic cause he'll download the overlay image. I do not like blocking the right mouse button, therefore this mod got written

cgc0202

« Reply #63 on: March 27, 2007, 09:07:13 pm »

Hi Stramm:

1.  I also want this mod: "Prevent downloading of pics - transparent gif overlay" not the "prvent right click..." so we agree pm that

2. In my post yesterday: I stated that  the "Prevent downloading of pics - transparent gif overlay" worked a-- s demonstrated in the Supernova theme, please click this example, and select the Supernova theme (at the bottom) for the demo.  [I have not modified the other themes yet, that is the only reason why  it does not work in th eother them choices, at the moment.]

If you try to download the image, it will show the overlay.gif, as expected. Good so far. And, that is what I want.

3.  Just one "significant problem", if you please click this example, in the Supernova theme (see note above), it is not the "intermediate image that is showing but the full size image"

4. Questions:
How come this mod, messed up the showing of the "intermediate size image" when you click on the thumbnail?
Is there anything I can change in the script, so that the "intermediate size image" will show when the thumbnail is clicked? And, subsequently for the full size image to show -- when accessed through the intermediate --  but not downloadable.

I must emphasize that the the mode you created, does prevent the download of the full size image already.  The only issue right now is: Why did it mess up the showing of the intermediate size image when clicking thumbnal? If that issue is resolved, then the mod would be useful for the purpose.

I might not have explained  myself clearly  in my post yesterday: It works with he Supernova only -- for now -- because that is the only theme where I included this mod, so far.  I can make it work in the other  themes also, if I place the mod in  them  too.  The only reason why I did not do that yet is because pf the problem with the "intermediate size image" not showing as expected, when this mod was introduced.

I am not entirely clear what you meant below that my set up is an "unmodded' CPGs".  I am using your Stramm modpack for the CPGv1.4.10. If my setup is an "unmodded (???) CPG", what do I need to include to make it a "modded  CPG"? 

Whatever it is that should be included --to make it a "modded  CPG"?-- it must not introduce the "prevent right click save as...".  We both agree on that, as you stated:

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=32548.0
that's the version for the modpack... I told you cause you posted in the overlay mod thread for 'unmodded' CPGs

prevent right click save as means... a not very experienced user will not be able to download the pic cause he'll download the overlay image. I do not like blocking the right mouse button, therefore this mod got written

It is really critical that I make this work.  More people might be more willing to share their photos in our collaborative photogallery, if the mod presented here will work.  It is essentially the only "anti-theft" measure incorporated by Flickr.

To be frank, I already know how to go around this mod, to download the original image. But, if it will reassure people, then it is worth including.

For now, I just hope you can help me  make it work.  Thanks.

Cornelio

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #64 on: March 27, 2007, 09:12:18 pm »

You have a CPG with the modpack -> use the overlay mod that has been coded for use with the modpack CPG
If you use the overly mod for an 'unmodded' CPG together with the modpack CPG it gives problems.

That's the reason why there are versions for a standard and the modpack CPG. Now please do as suggested and visit the other thread I refered you to (in the first and the last post of this thread)

tibu

• Contributor
  • Coppermine regular visitor
    • Creative Foto Solutions
« Reply #65 on: March 30, 2007, 03:52:30 pm »

Great mod, thanks. Is there a version forthcoming that would download overlay.gif from the slideshow?

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #66 on: March 30, 2007, 05:31:19 pm »

ouch, yo, I always forget about the slideshow (cause I du not use it)... hmm

gsrstudio

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #67 on: April 16, 2007, 10:04:59 pm »

Could you help me to modify my them?
I don't know where exactly to add overlay text.
Do I need to add overlay image only in root directory?
Please find attached my them.

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #68 on: April 16, 2007, 10:22:50 pm »

Have you read the first post of this thread? It tells you how to install this mod.

sascham

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #69 on: June 03, 2007, 09:21:54 pm »

Hi!
This mod sounds very cool, but i have some problems to
include this mod into the 'Water Drop' theme.....

Can someone include this mod into the 'Water drop' theme.php
for me?

That would be very very nice!!!

Thank you!

Greetings Sascha

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #70 on: June 03, 2007, 09:48:21 pm »

Do exactly as said in the first post of this thread. No special requirements or instructions for the water drop theme.

sascham

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #71 on: June 03, 2007, 10:03:11 pm »

Hi!

I didt it like in the first post, but i'm such a newbie, that it doesn't work  :-[

Can someone help me please ..?

Thank u very much!

Greetings Sascha

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #72 on: June 05, 2007, 07:24:14 pm »

We don't mind if people don't understand things in the first place and post questions. However, we have little tolerance for laziness. Therefor, just posting that it "didn't work" and asking to be spoon-fed and have the files modified for you is not what will make supporters more willing to help you. Post what you did (the modifications you have made - zip them and attach them to your posting) and what error message you get. Posting a link to your gallery is almost mandatory.

Terror

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #73 on: July 03, 2007, 01:41:17 am »

hi,

at first this is a great mod. is it possible to make it compatible with the HighSlide plugin 2.2 By BMossavari?

greets
terror

Veronica

• Contributor
  • Coppermine 1.5.22
« Reply #74 on: July 09, 2007, 12:14:25 am »

I have installed the zip file and I had only one problem after installation
with picture files with names like this filename:

normal_Qx%20crop%20resize%20of%20PB234760.jpg

which I solved by adding urldecode to the two getimagesize calls from the zip file ie

$imginfo=getimagesize(urldecode($picture_url));
$imagesize = @getimagesize(urldecode($picname));

where the first one solved the bug of getting no picture above the filmstrip in displayimage.php
I added the second one just in case being needed

yash

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #75 on: July 17, 2007, 08:55:12 pm »

Hello,
Thanks for this mod really helpful.
But the problem is that in firefox it loads only a blank player, the movie is not loaded. Can anyone solve this?

Thanks

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #76 on: July 18, 2007, 08:16:32 am »

to include the latest changes for that function that have been made in the orig CPG you'll have to search
Code: [Select]
                                'clsid' => 'classid="clsid:6BF52A52-394A-11D3-B153-00C04F79FAA6" ',
and replace with
                                'clsid' => 'classid="clsid:6BF52A52-394A-11d3-B153-00C04F79FAA6" ',

and
        $pic_html  = '<object id="'.$player['id'].'" '.$player['classid'].$player['codebase'].$player['mime'].$image_size['whole'].'>';replace with
        $pic_html  = '<object id="'.$player['id'].'" '.$player['clsid'].$player['codebase'].$player['mime'].$image_size['whole'].'>';

That function doesn't do anything if a movie gets displayed. So the best start to troubleshoot would be to remove the entire mod from your theme.php and see if it works without (unmodded CPG).

yazeft

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #77 on: July 23, 2007, 01:44:28 pm »

I've made the changes and this is an awesome feature to have! It's great and better than the 'no right click' crap!

just a thing, i've realised that the display image page loads and is completed but the actual picture takes a while before it is displayed! hmmm.. i'm using mozilla firefox and it says 'done' in the status yet everything has loaded except the photo, then after a while it just appears..

is there a way perhaps we can have a 'loading' gif that just displays a loading icon before the image is displayed, at least it shows the user that the picture is coming...

is this possible?

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #78 on: July 23, 2007, 02:21:17 pm »

Probably possible but I haven't looked into this so far.

You'd have to use JavaScript, eg.
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/preloadimage2.htm

May work if the JavaScript is pasted into displayimage.php (function theme_html_picture() -> var $pic_html). Then displayimage.php could give over the filename/url to the JavaScript. However that won't be proper html syntaxwise.

Maybe I give it a try somewhen.

yazeft

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #79 on: July 23, 2007, 02:28:43 pm »

hey! that's exactly what i'm looking for!!

thanks for pointing that out... i'm not too good with the coding, could you please help me out with it?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 20 queries.