Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Use XP Publisher Wizard with Registered Group  (Read 2336 times)

Olzen

• Coppermine newbie
Use XP Publisher Wizard with Registered Group
« on: January 25, 2004, 11:19:39 pm »

Hey...

I have a problem... I don't want to have more then myself to be Admin. So I want to have my members to be in the Registered group.

Now when I make a member in the Registered group and use XP Publisher, the members can't chose witch category they want to make their album in... I don't want the members to upload in user pics. I want them to make albums in the categories that I have made.. How can I do this ???

Please help me with this? I hope you understand what I'm trying to do, because my english is not very good... :-)
/Olzen

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2004, 01:30:28 am »

Users cannot create albums outside the user galleries category.  This is not just using the xp publish, but the browser upload as well.  

So if you want them to put the pics in other categories, you must first create the album for them, and set it to allow visitors to upload.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

jason

• Contributor
  • Coppermine regular visitor
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2004, 12:18:24 pm »

you could create a new group (called "Elevated Registered" for example) and set "Can upload pictures" to yes and "Pub. Upl. approval (1)" to no.  that would allow members of that group to post into the public albums without approval.
jason
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 19 queries.