Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trouble with phpbb logins after changing cookie path  (Read 4115 times)

BradN

• Coppermine newbie
Trouble with phpbb logins after changing cookie path
« on: July 10, 2006, 12:27:15 am »

Coppermine install: http://LouisvillePetPals.com/gallery
Forum install: http://LouisvillePetPals.com/msgboard
Coppermine version: cpg1.4.8
Forum version: phpBB v2.0.19
Test user account:  test / test123

BridgeManager settings:
Forum URL:      http://www.louisvillepetpals.com/msgboard
Relative path to your BBS's config file:    ../msgboard/
Use post-based groups?:    0

To get the bridge to work correctly, I had to change my cookie path from '/msgboard' to '/'.  However, since doing so, I'm getting emails from people saying they can't log into the messageboard.  It just loads the messageboard again without being logged in.  When they clear their cookies, it works again.  Is there a way to keep the cookie path to '/msgboard' and still perform the bridge?  A lot of my users are not computer literate enough to clear cookies.  Although we don't have many registered users at the moment, I don't want to lose the ones we do have!

Also, I have an AOL dialup user that cannot log in to the gallery.  After he logs in, he shows as logged into the message boards, but not Coppermine.  I walked him through several things and could not get it to work.  This works fine for myself and another user I test with (neither using AOL dialup).  Could this be an issue with the way AOL switches your IP address every couple of minutes?  If so, is there a fix?

Thanks for any help,

Brad
« Last Edit: July 10, 2006, 06:40:54 pm by GauGau »

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
Re: Trouble with phpbb logins after changing cookie path
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2006, 09:51:00 am »

change the boards cookie name...
edit: and of course run the cpg bridge manager afterwards again

BradN

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2006, 04:08:28 pm »

I think that may have fixed it.  I'll know more after I can have a few people test it.  Thanks!  :D

As far as the AOL issue, I searched these boards and saw someone else had a similar issue, but no resolution.  Does anyone have any further information (or a fix?) as to why AOL dialup members can't log in?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2006, 06:40:45 pm »

One issue per thread! AOL usually comes bundled with some crappy pseudo-security software for the client that probably keeps him from logging in. Make that user configure his client properly (cookie/privacy settings). AOL users usually are newbies (that's why they chose AOL in the first place), so your user may not be up to the task. You will hardly find supporters here who can tell you details, as nobody who knows his work around uses AOL in the first place. As a result, nobody here on this board will be able to tell you details.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.