Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Batch add too fast ?  (Read 4479 times)

Neon1024

• Coppermine newbie
Batch add too fast ?
« on: January 24, 2004, 08:19:23 pm »

Hi,

I recently downloaded your great app, and managed to get it working with ease.

However since this is my first gallery style web app, i have quite a few pics to upload as you can imagine.

I can upload and view pictures fine using the web based upload. As topic says the Batch add is the issue.

Seems that the page doesnt actually action any items, ive created a folder called /uploads/ in the album folder and given it 775 permissions, ive placed two jpg files into that folder via ftp as a test.

Open the batch add menu, i can select the files and the album, but when i click add, the pages simply flicks and reports the results page, without any results. Im assuming this isnt correct as it asks you to be patient.

Ive applied the code fix stated in the FAQ, for the "Batch add takes to long" however im unsure if this has effected anything.

Any ideas, greatly appreciated. Also as an aside, i was unable to find any similar problems upon searching the board.

Tech:
http://www.squaresphere.co.uk/coppermine/index.php
Coppermine version: v1.2.1
Apache version: Apache Version Apache/1.3.27 Apache Release 10327100
PHP version: php/4.3.2
Graphics Toolkit: ImageMagick
Operating system: FreeBSD
Web browser/version (if applicable): Avant browser , IE6

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
Batch add too fast ?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2004, 08:29:06 pm »

The common mistake I often make is forgetting to choose an album to put them in, before hitting the add button.
If that's not the problem, try chmod to 777.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

Neon1024

• Coppermine newbie
Batch add too fast ?
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2004, 08:48:13 pm »

Yeah, ive made sure that ive selected the album, i have also tried setting the permissions to 777 to no avail.

I tried running the page with the debugging mode on but it didnt appear to create any outstanding error type messages.

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
Batch add too fast ?
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2004, 08:51:16 pm »

Try silly_safe_mode, if you are not in it already.
see docs above for how.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

Neon1024

• Coppermine newbie
Batch add too fast ?
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2004, 09:22:27 pm »

Having looked into the PHP environment of the server, safe mode is off.

However, i cannot seem to be able to download the config.inc.php from the server. Should i change the sample file and overwrite the existing one or will this create further problems ?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Batch add too fast ?
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2004, 09:05:44 am »

config.inc.php is not related, since coppermine only stores the mySQL connection data there. As your coppermine gallery is able to connect (it let's you look at the pics instead of showing an ugly error), you musn't fiddle with config.inc.php
Please post a screenshot of the resulting screen of the batch-add. Are there any images in the right column at all?

Just some blind guesses:
  • try CHMODing to 755
  • try CHMODing the folders separately: first "albums", the the subfolder you created and finally the pics you uploaded.
  • try renaming the subfolder within "albums"
  • make sure the images are known to be valid (not broken) and very small (for testing pruposes at least)
  • make sure the images are not just some re-labelled GIFs (yes, this is possible, and yes, some people do that)[/list:u]
    GauGau

P.S. I have to applaud your first posting on this thread. The information you give there is brilliant - I wish everybody who's looking for support would be able to give such good and detailed information :D

Neon1024

• Coppermine newbie
Batch add too fast ?
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2004, 11:21:10 am »

Ive been experimenting with the permissions of the /albums/upload/ folder to see if i could change anything, ive left it CHMOD775, some of them showed up the folder as 'not writable' on the batch add page, so changed that.

Find the screenshot of the results page here : www.squaresphere.co.uk/images/coppermine_batchadd.jpg

As for the pics themselves, they are screenshots saved in bmp, which ive then used photoshop to save as a jpg file.

Im glad i checked before editing that file, it was reading the 'Online Manual' that pointed me to this, the Safety Issues section says that, you should add a SILLY_SAFE_MODE,1 string to the config.inc.php , however ive not touched the file thankfully.

I had a go at creating another folder, /albums/batchadd/ CHMOD775, also tried CHMOD775 on the image files after ive uploaded them, although the same error occurs.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Batch add too fast ?
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2004, 02:35:08 pm »

hm, I must confess I'm puzzled. Did you try to CHOWN? What does the ownership info say about the "uploads" folder?

GauGau

Neon1024

• Coppermine newbie
Batch add too fast ?
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2004, 02:39:26 pm »

Im not familiar with CHOWN, how would i go about checking that ?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Batch add too fast ?
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2004, 02:48:26 pm »

if you have shell access, use the command CHOWN (short for "change ownership"). I'm sure your linux box has a man page for this as well, or do a search on google for "chown".
If you don't have shell access, ask your webhost for help.

GauGau

Neon1024

• Coppermine newbie
Batch add too fast ?
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2004, 02:02:47 pm »

Just thought id close the thread off. Ive done little bits now, and got most of the images up that i wanted so no need for the batch add, although i appreciate the help guys.
Thanks  :)

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
Batch add too fast ?
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2004, 02:54:57 pm »

Hi neon,

If you do find the cause and answer, please post it here to help anyone else with the same problem.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.