Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Leftover files after updating to 1.4.8  (Read 3214 times)

Hercules24

• Coppermine regular visitor
    • High Resolution Party Pictures
Leftover files after updating to 1.4.8
« on: July 06, 2006, 10:30:00 pm »

Hi All,

I've just updated to 148 from 144 (original 133 when I first used CPG).
I manually FTP-ed all the new files over the old directories and ran update.php.
Luckily everything works fine, but with every new update I get more and more files in my CPG dirs which where probably once used by 133 or 144 but are no longer in the 148 zip files.
Can I throw those old files away or do they still have an use?
Finally I didn't overwrite the anycontent.php + config.php but the content of these 2 files don't look very personalised, and with versioncheck CPG gives them in red because they're still 133 and CPG says they need to be updated as well.
What should I do with these 2 files?
Thanks 4 your help and creating and maintaining such a great software product!
« Last Edit: July 07, 2006, 01:03:09 am by Nibbler »

Nibbler

Re: Leftover files after updating to 1.4.8
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2006, 10:46:31 pm »

If they are not in the 1.4.8 package then you can safely remove them. config.php can be replaced, it is include/config.inc.php that needs to be retained. You only need to keep anycontent.php if you have modified it yourself.

Hercules24

• Coppermine regular visitor
    • High Resolution Party Pictures
Re: Leftover files after updating to 1.4.8
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2006, 11:09:35 pm »

Thanks Nibbler, I feel such a shithead, I could never find the file include/config.inc.php so I thought it must be either include.inc or config.php.
Only now I see config.inc.php in the dir /include is ment.
Luckily it doens't exsist in the 148 folder so I still got it, seems to contain the names of the mysql dbases, so without it CPG wouldn't do much I think.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 19 queries.