Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Same pictures different albums; keyword method not working?  (Read 5223 times)

avaXcontrol

• Coppermine newbie

I used 1.3.x on a previous website and really liked it, but never had the need to have the same picture in more than one album. Now I'm using 1.4.x, and I've run into a problem. The FAQ states:

"In 1.4.x the Album Keyword is no longer being used for searching purposes, but, rather, to link images from other album into another. Using this method, files/images can be displayed in various albums while the file itself need only exists in one album on your webserver. You simply upload a file to one album as you would normally do, then assign one or more keywords to the file. The keyword function reads blank spaces between words as a 'break' and assumes that these words are separate words. If you must use phrases for your keywords, connect them with an underscore or by using the ascii space holder ctrl+Alt+0160 (NOTE: the latter option only works with latin based character sets.) Each album can only have ONE (1) keyword or keyword phrase. All pictures residing in different albums that you would like to be displayed in this album must have the same keyword or keyword phrase in their respective keyword fields. Pictures, unlike albums can have multiple keywords or keyword phrases separated by spaces. This provides you with the option to display pictures in many albums. For the visitor of these albums, it will appear as if the file/image had been uploaded to each."

I'm pretty sure I did it correctly; I assigned the same keyword to the files I wanted and the album I wanted them in. But no matter what I do, it won't work. I feel like I'm probably missing something pretty elementary here, but any help at all would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Ava SX
« Last Edit: July 06, 2006, 10:57:46 pm by Nibbler »

tibu

• Contributor
  • Coppermine regular visitor
    • Creative Foto Solutions
Re: Same pictures different albums; keyword method not working?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2006, 06:28:22 am »

Do you have albums where the first few letters of the keywords are the same? If so, try changing them and see if that helps (this happened to me). Other than that, you should provide a link to your site and details as far as what the keywords are, that would help others to trouble shoot your issue.

avaXcontrol

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2006, 06:47:25 am »

Do you have albums where the first few letters of the keywords are the same? If so, try changing them and see if that helps (this happened to me). Other than that, you should provide a link to your site and details as far as what the keywords are, that would help others to trouble shoot your issue.

I tried changing the keywords and album names so the first few letters weren't the same, but it didn't seem to make any kind of difference :(

I didn't want to post a link because it looks pretty pathetic right now LOL However, in the interest of solving this, let's just say I have about 5,000 more pictures to add and I'm just waiting to get all of the kinks worked out.

http://www.theimmortalityproject.com/pressgallery

In the album Photos By Event > 04.20.06 Warped Tour Kick-Off Party, I gave the separate band photos different keywords. The Paramore photos all have the keyword "aparamorewk" (this was previously "wkparamore", changed at your suggestion), and the UnderOATH pictures have the keyword "wkunderoath". I ascribed the proper keyword to the proper albums in the "Photos By Artist" section. Still, nothing. I must be missing something simple; perhaps I'm misunderstanding how this is meant to work.

Thanks in advance!

Ava SX

tibu

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2006, 07:07:39 am »

Okay, I just thought of another thing. Try putting at least one photo in the album you have set up the key word in, I think the album needs at least one photo placed in it before it picks up photos with that albums keywords in it. Make sense?

So, if you have an album in Paramore called "Party ABC" and you used a keyword of "ParamoreABC" you need to upload at least one photo into that Party ABC album before photos from other albums with the ParamoreABC keyword will show up in the album.

avaXcontrol

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2006, 07:15:32 am »

Okay, I just thought of another thing. Try putting at least one photo in the album you have set up the key word in, I think the album needs at least one photo placed in it before it picks up photos with that albums keywords in it. Make sense?

So, if you have an album in Paramore called "Party ABC" and you used a keyword of "ParamoreABC" you need to upload at least one photo into that Party ABC album before photos from other albums with the ParamoreABC keyword will show up in the album.

Hey, thanks for your prompt responses. I tried that and it didn't work either. Do I at least have the basics correct? I know this is the correct version, etc...

Thanks again!

Ava SX

tibu

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2006, 07:20:28 am »

Keywords act kind of strangely (well, maybe I don't completely understand them either), However, if you go to your site it is actually picking up the other photos, I went to the album "04.20.05 Warped Tour Kick-Off Party" under by Artist then Paramore, the album thumbnail page has several thumbs in it. If you click on the 2nd thumbnail it displays the picture (although the navigation at the top of the intermediate page references the album it "really" belongs to).

This might be expected behavior by design. Sorry I could not help you further. My albums do this too, but it is not an issue because for my situation I fill the albums and use keywords to supplement (verses to fill the album).

avaXcontrol

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2006, 07:27:11 am »

Well the 04.20.06 album is the one I actually uploaded the pictures to, so it makes sense that they'd be there. But is anything showing up for you in the "Photos By Artist" category? If I can't make it work through keywords, is there any way to upload duplicate images, perhaps renaming them? I dislike the idea of taking up double the space, but I know those who use the site will find it easier if I can organize it both ways.

And you've been very helpful, thank you again :)

Ava SX

tibu

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2006, 07:31:19 am »

But is anything showing up for you in the "Photos By Artist" category?

Yes, in this path:
Home > Photos by Artist > Paramore > 04.20.05 Warped Tour Kick-Off Party
(http://www.theimmortalityproject.com/pressgallery/thumbnails.php?album=4)

There are multiple photos in the thumbnail view. It looks like the first one was placed there and the rest are showing up from the keyword.

I don't know of a way to upload duplicate images, other than renaming them beforehand and uploading them twice. You might try uloading twice to different albums without renaming them, I think the filename can be repeated in different albums, but I am not positive.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2006, 07:37:58 am by tibu »

avaXcontrol

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2006, 07:38:13 am »

Oh wow, that's weird; it shows them when I click on the final album, but doesn't include them in the stats or anything when you go to the category. Is that how it's supposed to be? I know so little about these things, I should not be allowed to attempt them!

Thanks again for your patience :)

Ava SX

tibu

• Contributor
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2006, 07:41:55 am »

Here we reach the extent of my knowledge on the matter. I do not believe they are supposed to show up in the stats, at least on my site they don't. I guess keywords were not designed to fill albums. Also, stats are driven from actual database entries ( I think) so for accurate stats on the entire gallery I guess it would not reflect ones in the album that are linked.

Anyway, good luck! Maybe someone else who knows more will see this.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2006, 09:28:00 am »

Linked pics don't show in the stats unless you enable Show number of linked files

avaXcontrol

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2006, 10:45:58 pm »

Aha! That's it exactly! Thank you so much!

Ava SX
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 20 queries.