Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Single line breaks phpinfo.php  (Read 4365 times)

LewisR

• Coppermine newbie
    • Lewis' Blog
Single line breaks phpinfo.php
« on: July 03, 2006, 05:12:28 am »

As I mentioned in my earlier thread, I'm trying to resolve some lingering issues with my 1.4.8 upgrade from 1.3.1. Some quick basics:

Apache 2.2.2 on OS/2 (eComStation 1.2MR)
PHP 5.1.4 (running as module, not CGI)
MySQL 4.1.8 (NetWare 6)

php.ini has an include path of ".;j:/apps/php5/includes" (yes, under OS/2, as we have drive letters, we need to separate the path elements with semis - like in Windows - instead of colons; the syntax is correct). register_globals is OFF (shouldn't make a difference for this purpose), and all magic quotes are off (FWIW). safe_mode is OFF, and register_long_arrays is ON. And, yes, when I've made changes to php.ini, I have bounced the Apache process...

The site itself works, however, certain admin pages come up blank, such as admin.php and phpinfo.php. With regard to the latter, a single line, commented out, allows the page to display:

pageheader($lang_cpg_debug_output['phpinfo']);

Could some kind soul help point me in the right direction? I am using the standard (included) theme, and I have tried specifying English in the url for admin.php (just in case). I've been combing through the support forum here and the docs, and still come up empty (though the problem is probably staring me right in the face).

TIA

Lewis

http://www.2rosenthals.com/coppermine
« Last Edit: July 05, 2006, 06:33:15 am by GauGau »
Lewis Rosenthal, CNA, CLE, CLP, CWTS, EA
IT Consultant / Accountant

Nibbler

Re: Single line breaks phpinfo.php
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2006, 01:02:55 pm »

Your link does not work. Try enabling error reporting/logging in php and see if that tells you anything. Otherwise try to determine the code in pageheader() that is the problem by commenting lines out inside the function. Copy the function from the sample theme.php to your theme and then modify your copy.

LewisR

• Coppermine newbie
    • Lewis' Blog
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2006, 05:15:11 pm »

My troubleshooting thoughts, exactly. However, I think I may have hit on it, accidentally, sometime after posting my question.

It seems that when I batch upload files, I can stuff more images into a directory that I "should." When I have too many images in the directory, I get a blank page returned. If I delete a bunch of files from the directory, the page displays as expected. This leads me to believe that I am running out of file handles. OS/2 does indeed have such issues, as set by the SHELLHANDLESINC variable in CONFIG.SYS. I previously bumped this to 60 (the default for eCS 1.2 is 30, I believe), but evidently, this may not be enough for Coppermine. (Under EMX builds of PHP, this is not necessary, as EMX's handles may be increased from the command line; I'm using the latest GCC build of PHP, which is more tightly integrated with the OS.) As an experiment (nice to have 2GB of RAM to play with, huh?), I've bumped it to 256. Of course, now, I need to bounce the server, which is no joy...

Anyway, I'll post back should this work, and follow up with your suggested troubleshooting should it not.

Thanks for another pithy and salient reply.

Lewis

PS - Error logging is indeed enabled in PHP, and I see nothing there. Likewise for Apache's error log for this vhost.

LewisR

• Coppermine newbie
    • Lewis' Blog
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2006, 04:43:28 am »

I cranked up SHELLHANDLESINC to 256, which should be more than enough to choke a cow. No change. I verified various size limits in php.ini (post_max_size, memory_limit, etc.), and all are well beyond normal sizes (memory_limit = 1G, etc. - this is PHP5, so I now have the "G" available).

Under Apache, I even tweaked the httpd-mpm.conf to double the defaults, and then went well up from there. Still no change. I turned off CPG's debug output using phpMyAdmin to trim the volume of the output. I know that the issue is related to file - or output - size, as the following symptoms are consistent:

• Select Admin Tools (page displays)
  • Select Display phpinfo (blank page)
  • Go Back
  • Select Check versions (blank page)
  • Go Back
  • Switch to Display Ecards (page displays; default 25 records - I currently have 122 in the system)
  • Change the default number of records from 25 to 50. (blank page; similar result for 75 and 100)
  • Go Back
  • Page displays default of 25 records

Anything else you can think of related to Apache 2's settings? I'm not seeing any entries in the Apache error log or PHP's error log.

Thanks again for all the help and patience.

Lewis

LewisR

• Coppermine newbie
    • Lewis' Blog
Re: Single line breaks phpinfo.php - SOLVED
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2006, 05:09:20 am »

The issue is/was a problem with mod_php5.dll. At the suggestion of the port maintainer, I switched to the CGI version (haven't tested fast-cgi yet), and that did indeed resolve the issue.

My apologies for taking up valuable time with this, and thanks again for all the great support work and for a truly terrific app. Now it's time to donate some $$ to the project.

Lewis

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2006, 06:33:06 am »

Thanks for returning and resolving your thread. Currently, the project doesn't accept donations (yet), but there are other things you could do to contribute - please refer to We need your help

LewisR

• Coppermine newbie
    • Lewis' Blog
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2006, 06:42:48 am »

After my last post, I went looking for a link to donate some cash, and was surprised to not find one. That said, Joachim, I will indeed review the thread you have referenced, and do whatever I can to support the project.

It would be great if we could get one of you guys to come to Warpstock in Windsor, Ontario this October to do a presentation and maybe even take a free booth in our exhibit hall. For more details on this, see http://www.warpstock.org. We have a couple PHP sessions scheduled, and as Coppermine does indeed run under OS/2, it's a great fit.

Anyway, we've strayed far enough OT. Thanks for the pointer to that thread, and I shall indeed follow up.

Lewis
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 21 queries.